Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

All Ages How much do you rely on technology for your work?

CeliVega

Legacy Member
May it be homework, office work, assignments, or just some project of your own. How much do you rely on technologies? Some information are very obscure that they are not easily available on the internet, so there are times when we have to rely on books too. But in general, do you think technologies play a big part for your work?

I rely on technology for my life.

Okay, that's a bit over exaggerated, but think about it. Cellphones, computers, these are all part of our lifestyles today! I honestly can't live a day without checking my email or logging into my social networking sites. You could say I'm a slave to the internet. So to answer your question, I could not do work without the help of research that I could find on the internet.

I rely on technology way too much. Computers for entertainment and information, cellphones for social stuff and again, entertainment. I cannot live for a day without my cellphone, and the internet is just so very useful to give up.

I am currently working online and so, I am very dependent on technology.
If there is no internet, I cannot work and therefore I will have no earnings. I also spend a lot of time online for various things like to communicate with family and friends.

Since I work online, technology is something I am dependent on. But I do work out of country where internet speeds vary so I can't say I am up to speed on all the newest programs and applications out there. One thing I have learned is that you can never have too many flash drives, SD cards, and Terabytes. We have several towers of back up CD's as well. Even though we update our computer's on a regular basis, the electricity and dust in some of the countries we work in, really takes its toll on the hardware. So while technology is important, we have to make sure we can still get by with the basics. Even if that means getting something photo copied and then faxed and then running it down to an internet café or asking a friend if they can email something.

Where are you drawing the line on technology? If you used a pen today, you relied on technology.

As a designer and actor I've found that tools that would have been used years ago for me to perform my craft are steadily growing obsolete. If I'm doing art, I need to know something about doing it digitally using a computer and tablet. I can still draw with pen and paper or pencil or charcoal but that doesn't always cut the mustard when moving into other formats where you can do so much more with technology. As an actor I've had to use the internet to send e-mails to casting agents, Skype to audition via camera and of course my cell phone to contact my agent.

I spend about 60% of my day online, which is a bad statistic I should really change soon. But my career is entirely online: freelance writing, writing commissions, editing and transcriptions. My laptop, smartphone, and iPad are my best friends. Of course, I still go outside and interact with other human beings, but my career requires that I sit at my desk for at least six to seven hours everyday.

This is the technology age. I never thought ever! that my grandparents would be using technology but they are and many old timers are use a lot of smart devices.For the younger generation the only time they don't rely on it is when we are sleeping. Technology makes my line of work safer, faster and more dependable. I get a lot more done academically. Now I am doing an online course and all my work is done through the web.
95%-Technology
5%-Hard copy(books etc..)
and that is just on my side of the world.

I use the internet and computer all day for everything. I use it for work purposes, research and recipes, also for knowledge. There are so many educational resources online and it is fantastic to know that we can get the answer to anything that we need within minutes.

I rely on technology a normal amount. It helps in making things more efficient, for example instead of writing out flashcards, I just use Quizlet. I type most of my notes because I type faster than I write and I can organize them easier. Technology makes it easier for me to focus on studying and retaining information.

I rely very heavily on technology...maybe it's just me being a bit nostalgic, but it seriously seems like we rely on it more and more all the time. I guess overall I don't have a problem with it, it certainly makes a lot of things easier and even some things possible that otherwise wouldn't be, but sometimes I wouldn't mind a shift from it.

I work from home so my entire job consist of being online, using email, and also my cell phone. There is no escaping it! My former job as an Accountant relied heavily on technology too. About 85% of my day. It was a small family company, so some things were a bit old fashioned.

I rely on technology and the internet most of the time.

As an university student, as a private teacher, a working adult and just having hobbies. I think that the technology lifestyle we are living in right now is a really important and really helpful thing if you use it for good.

Since i have started working from home my laptop is the only piece of technology i am using. I have to say i like the fact i can finish everything like this. It is easy and time saving. I can organize well and work when i want. It is nothing new, i know, but for me it is refreshing and stress free. I appreciate that more then anything. My laptop is working well and it is reliable for the work i do. I never had any serious problem with it. Although i have had problems wit intenet but that is another part of technology i cannot affect so much.

Back when I was in college, I don't rely on technology so much. With our thesis, although we have a few online sources, we mainly used the library to look for related literature and studies. With my homework, our internet connection then was so slow that I'm better off answering it on my own, lol. So yeah, back then, I don't rely much on technology for my school works.

Right now, since my work is online, you can bet that I rely on technology so much. There isn't a day that I don't use the internet and my laptop. Although I can survive without it, I would rather not since where would my income come from? Aside from that, I love being on social media as well so I do need the internet for that.

Nowadays it's really hard for anyone to live without technologies. It's almost impossible to get any work or studies done without stuff like smartphone or laptops. Every important information is being passed down through emails, texts, or chatgroups. You have to complete assessments via online, and even some quizzes and tests nowadays are being held online. Sometimes you can see that we're relying on technologies way too much.

Life is entirely dependent on technology anymore. Even the simplest technology, like a ballpoint pen, as someone already mentioned, is now a part of our lives. We cannot escape technology, nor should be we want to. Sewage, showers, microwave ovens, refrigerators, telephones, internet, and cameras are everywhere. The only way we can truly be independent of technology is to revert our civilization back to the Stone Age. Who wants to do that?

Buuuut, if we're using 'technology' in association with computers and the like, then yeah, I'm pretty reliant on it as both a writer and a dancer. Internet and music streaming, twenty-four-seven, three-sixty-five.

Definitely, I have to rely on technology every single moment because I basically work as an online freelancer. I have to access updated versions of software and hardware in order to be effective. The other side hustle that I engage in is gardening and I basically don't use any form of technology since it is a small scale concern and I prefer it labour intensive in order to engage myself.

Back