Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

cefmac

Legacy Member
A lot of people aspire to write a novel some day. Do you? I know that I do. I actually wrote a 50,000 word novel last month as part of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), but while I'm proud of myself for managing to get the words out, I think it needs a lot of polishing up. I might self-publish it some day though.

I really enjoy creative writing, and for me, writing complete novels is the pinnacle of my creativity and something I hope I can manage several times over the course of my life.

What about everyone else?

I have been wanting to write a novel for years and think that I am finally ready to tell my story. As a matter of fact, one of my new year's resolutions is to get the story written, edited, critiqued and pitched this year. It's a lofty goal, but I am finally ready to take the challenge. I would love to have you as a beta reader if you are interested?

I have been writing a novel but wasn't able to finish. I began to write my own novel since I was a ninth grader in high school. It was inspired by one of my friends who passed away due to an accident. It was one of the hard times I had because she was quite young. I still haven't gotten the motive to finish my novel and I have only gotten it halfway done.[DOUBLEPOST=1388517778][/DOUBLEPOST]I have been writing a novel but wasn't able to finish. I began to write my own novel since I was a ninth grader in high school. It was inspired by one of my friends who passed away due to an accident. It was one of the hard times I had because she was quite young. I still haven't gotten the motive to finish my novel and I have only gotten it halfway done.

I have been wanting to write a novel for years and think that I am finally ready to tell my story. As a matter of fact, one of my new year's resolutions is to get the story written, edited, critiqued and pitched this year. It's a lofty goal, but I am finally ready to take the challenge. I would love to have you as a beta reader if you are interested?

Yeah, I'd be up for that! What kind of genres do you write? That sounds like a great goal to set yourself - if thousands of people can write a 50,000 word novel in a month, then having a few months to write and edit before trying to get it published sounds achievable, if you're motivated. Good luck!

I have been writing a novel but wasn't able to finish. I began to write my own novel since I was a ninth grader in high school. It was inspired by one of my friends who passed away due to an accident. It was one of the hard times I had because she was quite young. I still haven't gotten the motive to finish my novel and I have only gotten it halfway done.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully some day you'll find the motivation to get stuck back in again - writing can be very therapeutic, once you get into it. Perhaps if you ever finished it, you could dedicate it to your friend?

I am.
I started 2 different novels during university, never finished them...then few months ago I started a new one, and I understood why the others never made it. I had a story, sure, and few scenes in my head which I wrote down every once in a while.
But I had no plan, no defined characters, nothing from their history, no character development ...All I had was the beginnings of books. This time around, I led the few scenes I had in my head lead me to the next and the the next and so on...the characters were developed slowly, they started coming to life...before I knew it everyone had history, jobs, places of residence, friends, families, problems....and then from 1 main character I went to 3...and that's how the book began to come to life and take shape.
That's how I know I will finish this one. Because it's now more than an idea.
I'm not at about 40,000 words and slowly but surely moving forward.:)

This fascinates me! I would love to read some of the novels written by you all! Can I have links to them?

I have actually started writing a novel just recently. It is going to be a romance novel! I think it is going to be really good once i carve the characters out.

First off, I am extremely amazed that you wrote a 50,000 word novel. I know how hard it is to even write a 1000 word essay. I am impressed. Keep up the good work! All of you! Even though I love writing, i'm more of just an article type of person. I don't even know what I would even write about in the first place. But one day, I want to come up with something BIG and just write.

dannyboy, a romance novel! How interesting. I'm sure it'll be fantastic. Just PM me if you would like any feedback on anything. I love reading and i'm sure it'll be fantastic. Good luck :)

I used to want to create a novel. I have respect for people, even younger than I am, who write novels. It just shows that their imagination and creativity is very strong and I like seeing that in the youth these days.

I like the fact that there are children who spend their time in the literature world instead of playing video games or taking selfies all day. I hope that the next generations spend time off technology and appreciate writing.

I would absolutely love to write my own novel, but due to my busy schedule, I couldn't even start a draft. I am actually very much interested in young adult fiction. Probably someday, I am going to get published too. If you have got passion for it, never give up on your dreams. :)

I have written a few novels, and this is something that I think young people should be encouraged to do at school. Fair enough, they might not have enough time to write 100,000 words, but they can still learn a lot about story and plot, and develop characters and stories that people will enjoy reading about. A lot of young people have great ideas that they're just not too sure about getting onto paper, and teachers should be able to find ways to encourage them to achieve their goals and get their ideas out there for others to read.

I used to write novels in high school. I can't say I ever got to the end of them. I just always started a new story and when I get tired of it I'll start a new one lol. I'm not sure it's so much a passion now though.

I am currently writing novels. It's a painstaking process but I'm keeping my hopes up I'll eventually finish one before the year ends. Inspiration fluctuates once in a while, but as budding novelists, it's our job to keep the fire alive lest it affects the quality of the story.

Back