Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

⚛ Latest posts ↓

Opinion About Removing Filipino Subject

My opinion about is no because Rizal said in his quote:"ang dimagmahal ss sariling wika ay masmalansa pa sa isda" which is happening now all people didn't want Filipino subject because they are Filipino but they didn't know the full name of Rizal which teach in elementary as a Filipino we need to learn more about our history and what happened in Rizal when he came here in the Philippines thanks.

Removing it as a major subject-there's nothing wrong!
Perhaps, they should involve more the Filipino language in History eg. Baybayin. Or they can add Baybayin as a special subject. The new generations should learn this. It's the only remaining Filipino in us.

This is one sad topic for the Philippine educational system because it is like disowning your own native language in favor of a foreign language. I understand that you should have a mastery of your native language at age 18 but I guess we can still do with a little grammar lessons and literature as well. Maybe it is a hasty decision to remove that subject because the students need the Filipino subject to strengthen their identity.

I really don't agree honestly to remove Filipino subject in our curriculum because it was been a part of our life for a long time ago. It signifies our through identity as a Filipino and in an instant it will be removed? It is sad that we are prioritizing more those foreign language than our own native language just to make some changes in the growing environment that we have for now.

I am against removing the Filipino subject in our curriculum. The Filipino language signifies our identity as Filipinos and to remove that would be an insult to the countless men and women who risked their lives just to shape our identity as a country, as a nation, and as a people. It would be a shame for us to call ourselves Filipinos when in fact we don't even know our mother tongue as well as we knows other languages.

No, I am not in favor of removing the Filipino subject because Filipino is our national language and part of our identity as a Filipino people. Valuing more on foreign language is a disgrace to our country. The Filipino language unites all Pinoys from Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao so we should use it and learn more about it.

I think that if filipino subject would be removed in our curriculum, it is just the same as losing our dignity as a filipino who our forefathers fight for a long time ago. It should be in the curriculum no matter what happens because it is one of the most important values that we are valuing for a longer period of time already.

I'm not from the Philippines but I think it's very important to maintain teaching your national language. Taking it out of the school curriculum may see people's language skills decline in favor of other languages like English, and I think it's sad to see culture disappear like that.

Actually, the proposal is not about removing the Filipino subject in the curriculum as a whole but only in the college curriculum. However, I still don't agree with this proposal. I believe learning the Filipino subject in college will give us a deeper understanding and love to our own language.

I think it is more important if the Filipino subject would be maintain so that new generation would know its importance and significance to us. It is very important to continue the learning process so that more children would know how to love and value of our national language. If that would be abolished many children now will grow that they don't really know about true identity as a Filipino.

That's not good, Promise! when i heard that it's looks like my blood is boiling.

Am against removing Filipino as a subject in the curriculum. Usually very many languages are becoming extinct because we remove them from the curriculum. Filipino should not get the same treatment.

That's not good, Promise! when i heard that it's looks like my blood is boiling.
Yes that is really disappointing, I never expect that there will come a time that our national language would be replace by a foreign language which in the first place it doesn't signifies our identity as a Filipino. I really don't know what is the reason behind it and what makes it other people to change the Filipino subject wherein it was been teach for the students for a very long time ago and in just an instant they will replace it. It is really frustrating to know such idea and I really felt bad about it.

I m thankful that I have finished my schooling with Filipino subject. I have learned a lot from that subject.

Removing Filipino and replacing it with Korean language subject is no no for me though I love watching Korean dramas. They are not thinking about the consequences if they remove Filipino and replaced with a new curriculum.

I doubt about it removing Filipino subject in local curriculum. It is our language. It is our identity. It should be teach and imparted to the children who are citizen of the Philippines. It is difficult to be a stranger in our land. It is fine to learn other language but we must love our own language.

Seriously? What comes with their mind. I don't agree with that. Tagalog is our national language how come it will be removed in schools. Instead of removing it, they should teach children to love our own language. We have poor mentality in patronizing our own product, now they want also not to used/teach our own language. This is the reason why Philippines getting poor . We had problem loving our own identity.

I personally don't agree that Filipino subject is removed. I am a Filipino. We should be nationalistic and patriotic citizens of our country.

Back