Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

⚛ Latest posts ↓

English How many languages do you speak?

Aside from my native language, I am also fluent in english and chinese. I went to a school where they teach both chinese and the english language. Knowing a 2nd or 3rd language is a big advantage especially if you are looking for a job.

I speak two languages, which are Chinese and English. I also speak two dialogues in Chinese - Cantonese and Mandarin. I have found Cantonese is easier to learn than Mandarin because that's where I was born to speak. English, on the other hand, is also an easy language for me to learn perhaps I have learned it when I was young. How many languages do you speak?

I speak English fluently and I'm currently learning ASL, I'd say I'm at intermediate level as of right now. I do also know basic french and Spanish from my schooling however, I was not very good at understanding either language when spoken by a native speaker.

I can speak English which is the universal Language and Tagalog my own Country's mother tongue. But I can also speak a little Danish, Japanese because of my school subject back then.

I speak 4 languages and currently learning the fifth, I speak French, English, Arabic the classic one and my countries dialect, and Berber , the fifth one that i'm learning is Korean, my dream is to speak as much languages as I possibly can and then travel the world and put them to use, I believe that communicating with one another is such a blessing, the feeling of talking to people as a foreigner and getting to know them in their own language is indescribable.

I speak 4 languages of which English ,bemba and nyanja three fluent languages I can speak.
The ability to speak more than 1 language is quite a unique personality that one can have in enhancing the rate of socializing.
Breaking communication boundaries I very essential to most society especially the global society.

I mostly speak Tagalog, Visayan language which is the Waray-Waray and a combination of English language when needed and I see a big potential of these languages in the progress of humanity. I had been using these languages for a long time already and it really helps me a lot to have a better and more fruitful conversations with my fellowmen and to those strangers that I meet a long the way.

I speak 2 languages, aside from my native tongue i also know how to speak chinese because i studied it when i was in elementary up to high school. studying the chinese language isnt easy because it is very complicated but i had a great time studying it.

I speak four languages. My native language is Kikuyu, I learnt English and Swahili in school and am currently pursuing sign language. Sign language is really interesting and helps the deaf community feel included.

I speak four languages. My native language is Kikuyu, I learnt English and Swahili in school and am currently pursuing sign language. Sign language is really interesting and helps the deaf community feel included.

There goes another person from the " house" around here. Looks like there are lots of them wherever it is in the world. Quite an interesting phenomenon. That said, I would glady learn sign language any day. Maybe I should talk to you nicely.

I'm a native Romanian speaker, but I also speak Russian and English fluently. I learned French and German for three years but since I haven't practiced either in recent years, my French and German skills are now basic. I've also learned Spanish as a kid by simply watching Spanish movies and TV series. Now I'm learning Portuguese.

Over the years, I realized that learning a language paves the way to learning another one. There are so many similar words and grammatical aspects that it's impossible not to correlate one language with another even though they do not belong to the same group. For example, German is similar to English in many ways, which is only natural, since they're both Germanic languages. However, there are also a lot of German words that are pronounced the same as their Russian equivalents!

Back