Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

⚛ Latest posts ↓

yellowfish

Legacy Member
I have just been accepted on a health care course that will give me a health care qualification (degree level) at the end of it. I just wanted to know what other people are studying and what they are hoping to do with their qualification

I'm not actually studying but I will like to enroll in a publicity course with the hope to start my own publicity agency in the near future.

I have already a market research training and after so many years of having left behind college, now I know what is the qualification that I would have to chose then.

I have just been accepted on a health care course that will give me a health care qualification (degree level) at the end of it. I just wanted to know what other people are studying and what they are hoping to do with their qualification
Congratulations on your acceptance! One of our former staff members was a physician and I have some close friends in the medical community.

I received a Bachelors of Arts in Government in 2008. By December 2012, I expect to receive my Masters of Arts in Government. My thesis is examining the nexus between transnational crime and U.S. national security. It is my hope that, by demonstrating the harmful effects of human trafficking on U.S. security interests, U.S. decision-makers will be more amicable to investing federal resources toward combating this practice. I'd really like to do more to fight human trafficking.

In the meantime, I teach U.S. government folks writing and public speaking.

Forgot to leave your my congrats yellowfish, hoping this is just the beginning of a road filled with both personal and professional satisfactions :)

I am a medicine student and I am in my second year. What would I do after I graduate? I think there will be no other path for me but to be a doctor. I hope I could survive here for three more years. :)

That is so awesome. i love hearing from people who are actively pursuing their dreams. It's hard work, but the effort will be well rewarded. I started pursuing my dream of becoming a CPA, but got sidetracked before I could finish my degree. My hope is that I will be able to go back and complete my degree now that my children are older and demand less of my time.

That is so awesome. i love hearing from people who are actively pursuing their dreams. It's hard work, but the effort will be well rewarded. I started pursuing my dream of becoming a CPA, but got sidetracked before I could finish my degree. My hope is that I will be able to go back and complete my degree now that my children are older and demand less of my time.
I hope you are able to! My mother became a CPA shortly before I was born (26+ years ago). She enjoyed the job, but stopped after a few months to raise me. Four additional children later, she has never returned to the job she loved. She's in her 50s now and I think she feels some regret about never returning. Don't give up on the dream!

Congratulations! :)

Don't be fooled by me dressed as Belle on my avatar. I am not striving to be Belle, though I don't think it would be that bad! I'm a Vocal Music Education major. I plan on becoming a Choral Director. I also want to conduct one on one voice lessons, become an overall music teacher for all ages. Right now I attend a community college. I am to graduate with an AA next year in Music Theory, Music Technology, and Music Performance. Then off to a 4-year institution where I will be getting my Bachelors in Music Education/Vocal Performance and Masters in Choral Literature/Conducting. It's a lot of work for not a great paying job, but it's a passion that I can't live without and love doing.

I am in graduate school studying educational psychology. Eventually I want to get my PhD so that I create school systems and help reform existing ones. I have always been fascinated with human behavior and education; so I want to contribute the fruits of my education by helping society improve on our current system of education.

That's awesome! Congratulations!
I went back to school at the age of 40 and got my degree in medical assistance . It's a rewarding career. Unfortunately due to a medical issue, I can no longer work. I picked up the pen and brush again which saved my sanity and gave me new purpose.

Good luck in your degree and future career, I'm sure you'll do great!

Majored in Studio Art here (with an emphasis on Photography). but towards the end of my degree program, I took a personal interest in Web Development and wound up getting a job in that after college, which transitioned into a career in Search Engine Marketing. Would have never guessed this when I first started college, but hey - it happens.

I graduated college at 22 with my degrees in liberal arts and web design. I am currently working on getting my bachelor's at age 28. I will probably attend screenwriting school next. As I want to sell a script to Hollywood by 31. I already have the connections. But the degree will solidify it all when it finally comes together.

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Well, right now I'm pursuing an Industrial Design degree. I would like to have a minor, but unfortunately time doesn't exactly allow for that (it's a pretty intense major here). Thankfully, one of the great things about being in artist is that you don't necessarily need a degree to work, just a fantastic portfolio to create opportunities for you. This means that I can take up a variety of art careers without being constrained to the one I majored in.

I am considering getting a masters in Industrial Design, though. After working in the field for a few years, I will move to California and get my masters at the Art Center in Pasedena.

California has bad economic problems these days though. You do realize that once you move there and start paying taxes, you might not get a tax return check right? The state is so br0ke that they were giving residents IOU's on their tax returns. Also Cali is earthquake central. And the "BIG ONE" is right around the corner according to what most researchers say.

California has bad economic problems these days though. You do realize that once you move there and start paying taxes, you might not get a tax return check right? The state is so br0ke that they were giving residents IOU's on their tax returns. Also Cali is earthquake central. And the "BIG ONE" is right around the corner according to what most researchers say.

I didn't know about their tax problem. I hope by the time I arrive there, it's a bit better. I don't mind the earthquake problem; I lived there for around 10 years and have a huge family there. I guess if that doesn't work out, the next option could be Seattle.

When I had to give up my job as an airline catering supervisor at the age of 45 due to health problems, I figured that even if the body was shot, the brain was still working, so I went to university and completed a BA in Literature and History and an MA in Anglo-American Literary Relations.

I hoped to take a Teaching Certificate, so I could lecture part time or do home tutoring, but because of my age and my health, I couldn't get on a suitable course to get the final piece of paper. I don't consider the 5 years it took to get the degrees were wasted, though. I learned a lot, and enjoyed the journey, and now that I'm a freelance writer, I can incorporate a lot of my research into my articles.

Back