Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

Why I moved my #CMALT portfolio

• Thread starter David Hopkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

David Hopkins

Last week I completed a pet project I'd had in mind for a while now. I moved (copied, pasted, checked, published) my CMALT portfolio from it's original Google sites location to here, my blog.

Why?

Two reasons – firstly I'm getting fed up of my 'stuff' being all over the place, that I'm messy with my online behaviour and my online artifacts/things, and I wanted to start tidying myself up. Secondly, I wanted to bring attention back to my blog and the 950+ posts I've written over the last 11 years.

Over the next, well, however-long I want to regroup and refocus my thoughts and attention. I want to realign what it is I want out of being 'online' and how I can use that time more effectively in the 'real' world (understanding that online is also real too!). I want to spend more time on me (yes Twitter, I'm looking at you!), I want to take a serious look at the newly launched SCMALT initiative. I want to reconsider the SFHEA application I started last year. I want to give myself the time and energy to actually finish these things, instead of letting the day to day grind control me.

I want to take back control of me. And the first, small and probably insignificant step, was for me to tidy something up. And get me thinking about me, my work, my passion(s), and my life. Here's to starting something new. Again.