When to say our goodbyes!

Discussion in 'Health and Relationships' started by camella wallace, Dec 8, 2014.

1. camella wallace

camella wallace EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I've seen persons in some very abusive relationships where they're beaten upon verbally and physically yet they still stay in these positions claiming they are in love...will they ever wake up and face the reality that the relationship is not working out and it's time to say their goodbyes. Honestly what is there to hold on to when it reach this point?

2. Mpho Ashworth

Mpho Ashworth EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I've personally never been in an abusive relationship (thank God!), and have in the past wondered why some people remain in such toxic relationships. From what I understand, it's not easy to walk away as these abusive partners work a number on them not just physically but on a mental level too. The abuser really breaks their partner by stripping them of all confidence; so that they believe they're worthless, nobody else would ever want them, they're ugly etc. Often, they'll also isolate them and ensure they have nobody to turn to. There's also the fact that the abused feel shame at what it's come to, and will then remain in these horrible situations for fear of being judged. There're so many other reasons; It's not as simplistic as we often view it, really.

3. missbookworm

missbookworm EdChat™ M.Ed

EdChat Karma:
    I have never been in an abusive relationship before. But yeah, women should know that enough is enough. If the relationship is already an unhealthy one, and if they've been physically, and verbally abused, they should realize by then that the person they are with is not worth it anymore. Sometimes, no matter how much we love a person, if they are already hurting, and disrespecting us, the only thing we have to do is to just let them go.

4. jessie271

jessie271 EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    We need to know when to say goodbye. Speaking for myself, I say goodbye when I know that I need to and the situation tells me that I need to. You will know when it is the “time”. The only problem is ourselves because sometimes, eventhough we know we have to, we still cling to it and refuse to let go. But we should learn when to finally say “goodbye” and “enough”.

5. mcnasci24

mcnasci24 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I agree with you. I've never been in an abusive relationship, but I did have an ongoing conflict with one of my siblings. He would be aggressive and rude, but other times very attentive and caring. I convinced myself it was sort of tough love, but eventually realized it was causing more negative results than positive, as I always doubted myself for anything and felt I was worthless. So, I moved out of my parent's place at a very young age, and ever since then, my life changed considerably for the best.

6. Anna Liza Galang

Anna Liza Galang EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    It's hard to say goodbye to someone that is very special to us but if you're feeling this signs I think it's time to let go. If you're not happy being with him/her then there's no reason to hold on. If you're always crying because of him then let him/her go. Another sign is if you like it's one sided. You're always the one making an effort, you're always the one reaching out or finding ways to fix what's broken. If many of you're friends tells you that you deserve better. If they are keep telling you that it's not worth it anymore, I think you need to move on. Sometimes, we know that it's over but we just don't want to admit it. If we feel this way, saying goodbye is the best thing to do.

7. Andrijana15

Andrijana15 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I don't have experience with that kind of relationship, but I think that women who get abused for the first time should say goodbye immediately.

Maybe there are some exceptions where someone should be given the second chance, but if it would happen again, then there would be nothing else to think about anymore. I mean, enough is enough.

I don't know, but no matter how much you love someone there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. I mean, what kind of relationship or marriage it is if you should be afraid of being abused all the time?

It's not easy, but even if you love someone you shouldn't be living in fear constantly. Maybe finding another love, or even being without love for some time is better than living with love, but being afraid of that same love.

We believe a good thing should be shared