The Education Chat Network

Here you can discuss teaching, tutoring and all things educational.
Teaching? You can access lessons and resources made by teachers for teachers, provide tutoring services or classes online.
Studying? You can find an expert tutor to boost your grade, ask questions in the forum, attend online classes and much more.

All Ages What sports do you enjoy the most?

CeliVega

EdChat™ Nomad
Feb 12, 2014
Swimming, hockey, basketball, tennis, squash, etc......
If you get to choose, which sports do you wish you can master and become good at it?

angelicagapit

EdChat™ Nomad
Feb 20, 2014
I enjoy Volleyball the most, but I'm also pretty good at Basketball. I've been playing basketball since I was in 2nd grade and I grew up winning MVP awards, coaches awards, etc.

I'm quite good at Volleyball too actually, being co-captain in my high school team.

Unfortunately, I don't play sports in college, but I would love to be back on the court.

sadiemarie

EdChat™ Nomad
Nov 15, 2014
I know Dance isn't widely considered a sport but some consider it as one. My favorite would have to be dancing. I also enjoy kickboxing, boxing, and basketball. It is hard for me to really choose just one. I love sports and being physically active.

Reactions: Varerii

toradrake

EdChat™ Nomad
Nov 4, 2014
Swimming, hockey, basketball, tennis, squash, etc......
If you get to choose, which sports do you wish you can master and become good at it?
Swimming, and for several reasons... it has practical as well as health applications. Swimming is useful if you are caught in water and need to get out. It keeps you from drowning. It is good for your body because you are exercising every muscle when swimming while not applying stress to your joints, unlike land sports. It is also very relaxing to be in water helping to reduce overall stress in the mind, which is also good for the body.

Terrainna

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 8, 2014
I know most people don't consider cheerleading as a sport, but it is! I was a cheerleader for 8 years and coached for two. I loved it with a passion. I am now pregnant with a baby girl and I pray she loves cheerleading as much as her mother does. But if not its fine. I want her to be her own person. I also did Track and Field for a season. I would have been pretty good if I chose to stick with it.

briannagodess

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 18, 2016
Swimming would probably my favourite sport. Although I'm not an expert in it, it's such a fun and enjoyable sport. You don't have to be a pro to enjoy it and it's not hard to learn unlike other sports.

I also enjoy playing badminton. It's such an easy sport to learn as well. But you get a whole body workout with all the hitting, running and flinging of the arms, lol.

hafiz93

EdChat™ Nomad
Mar 13, 2016
Well, soccer is certainly the sport that I enjoy the most. But I wish I could become good at basketball and swimming. I want to become good at basketball because I'm really interested in that sport and how it's played, and I want to become good at swimming because it'll benefit me a lot. I'm 22 years old but I still don't know how to swim. If I could turn back time to my childhood, I'll definitely make myself learn how to swim.

Varerii

EdChat™ Nomad
Mar 19, 2016
Well, being a dancer, I would say that dancing is the sport I love best. I don't care what others say, but the performing arts are indeed sports.

Other than dancing, I enjoy soccer, volleyball, skiing, and ultimate frisbee.

remnant

EdChat™ Esquire
Feb 27, 2016
My taste in different sports has undergone a flux over the years. When I was in primary school, I was an avid volleyballer but discontinued the sport in high school due to lack of a dedicated team mates. When I went to college, my fascination with volleyball ignited. I blame my failure to become an accomplished volleyballer with lack of dedicated tournament programs. I still have the talent latent in me but I have moved on to other interests.