What is the strangest date you've been on?

Discussion in 'Health and Relationships' started by Kaybee517, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Kaybee517

Kaybee517 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Before I got hitched I went on a date with a guy to eat dinner and he performed magic tricks at at the table. (He attempted multiple times turning a $1 bill into a $100 bill ...unsuccessfully) It was semi entertaining but definitely a new experience. So I wonder what is the strangest date you've been on?

2. nash22

nash22 EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    The strangest date I been on was when my date didn't have any table etiquette. I was so embarrassed. He pronounced the food the menu wrong. He talked with food hanging out his mouth. I was so embarrassed. I will never go on a blind date again.

3. sandooch

sandooch EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    Strangest date I ever went on was with a guy who thought it was funny to say "shut up" to every other thing I said. And this is not at a time when saying, "Shut up!" meant "Get out!", which I never cared for either. I happened to be driving on this date, and as he kept saying it, I kept thinking, "Okay, what is going on here?" I finally had had enough and asked him to stop telling me, "Shut up". Still thinking he was being funny, he said, "Oh, and what are you going to do it I don't." I turned around from wherever we were going and took him home, not saying a word the whole way. When I parked in front of his house, I turned to him and said, "Call me when you grow up." I never heard from him again. Thank God!

Kaybee517 likes this.
  4. char2011

char2011 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I went on a date before where the man was being really cheap and he was saying lets have water and telling me to order the cheap stuff on the menu in a sly way. I thought it was nothing at first but them when we finished he said he forgot his wallet which was definitely a lie because the way he was acting and it all added up when he said that . The way he was acting was just strange like he was out for a free meal and I ended up paying for everything. Next thing I hear he has done it before and I just think wow.

5. Kaybee517

EdChat Karma:
    Wow that guy sounded cheap and calculated. Hey I get it. It's tough times out here but really? ? He should have just asked you out on a coffee date and call it a day! Or if he was really that broke, then a walk in park is free...some folks have no sense of how to treat a lady.

6. Kaybee517

EdChat Karma:
    Aww! I feel you on the blind date thing. How mortifying! I once was set up with a blind date and when I got there he had a clef lip. I tried to overlook his lip and give him a chance because maybe he was a sweet person. Boy was I wrong...while talking to him he had the nerve to tell me how women are meant to stay at home and be housewives and can't multitask and get education while working because it's too much for them. I'm sure you can guess we never met again. SMH

7. Jessi

Jessi EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I don't know if this counts as strange or just downright inappropriate, but I went on a date once for dinner...that took 3 hours at the table. The main reason? Not only would he not shut up and decided to talk almost the entire time, but...

He took 3 cigarette breaks during his single plate of Chinese food. And this is when smoking was allowed inside, so he just lit up right there, smoked for a while, and then went back to eating again. It was ridiculous and made me feel so weird. I grew up around smokers, but none that would interrupt a meal like that.

8. Marchese

Marchese EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    disgusting. People have no manners whatsoever.

9. Jessi

Jessi EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I should've expected it, to be honest. I had been to his apartment before and it was really gross. I blamed it on him living alone for so long, though. A bachelor pad isn't exactly set to impress usually, ya know? But this was baaaddd.

10. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibel EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I don't really think I've had a really strange date. I haven't been on a lot of dates period. But once my friend made me go on this blind date, mostly because she wanted to hang out with this guy and he had a friend with him one night. The guy was drinking a beer while he was driving and we didn't actually do anything but drive around, while my friend and her date were making out in the backseat. Just irresponsible and annoying. Sufficient to say I didn't go out with him again, and I'm not even friends with the girl who made me go.

11. exploreandrespawn

exploreandrespawn EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    Oh this was horrible. I used to do fan club art years ago. This guy started to sent me letters, saying he loved my art work can he come up and meet me. Well. Long story short, we exchanged letters (before the internet). he came over and met my mom. Now remember, he knew all about me before the date:

1. We went to the zoo. He said that he knew I loved animals, but he loved to kill them.
    2. At each cage we went to, he proceeded to tell me the size and kind of arrow or bullet it would take to kill each animal.
    3. At dinner, he lamented about his 'gay' son. His son wanted to be an actor, but he thought it was bad and made him a horrible person, gay (his words, not mine). All night, complained about his 'gay' son, the actor.
    4. Proceeded to tell me how his wife committed suicide. (out of respect for the dead, I will not describe how she did it. but let me say this, she was sending him a message with her death).
    5. He told me I was fat.
    7. He dropped me off at the door and told me he could marry me.
    8. He called when I was at work the next day. Mom answered. he told my mom that he wanted to marry me.

Needless to say, I never returned his calls.

12. diprod

diprod EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    I have been to strange dates last year I don't know where to begin with. But I think the strangest was when I was set up on a blind date and this guy gave me a gift seeing me for the first time. He gave me a painted picture of me which I think was totally cool. But the entire one hour (literally 1 hour), he didn't say a word! :-( He's too shy!

13. Caguioa747

Caguioa747 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    The strangest date of mine is when I met a girl online, talked it up, and while she seemed a bit immature, thought heck, why not? She casually mentioned she really liked pigs. What she meant to say was she was obsessed with pigs. OBSESSED.

We believe a good thing should be shared