What is the best age to have children?

Discussion in 'Health and Relationships' started by lindbergh, May 2, 2014.

1. Anna Liza Galang

Anna Liza Galang EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    For me there is no specific age to have children. If you are financially stable or at least can support the finance of your future family and if you are responsible enough then you are ready to build you own family.

2. loisuy43

loisuy43 EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    I think after you graduated in college and landed in a good job to have something to feed for your family. It could be a good time to marry and have children.

3. Corzhens

Corzhens EdChat™ M.Ed

EdChat Karma:
    In our culture regarding having children, old folks prefer their children to get married before the age of 25. The younger you get pregnant, the better. But now the culture had changed and I know so many single people who prefer to enjoy life and remain single even after age 30. Maybe this paradigm shift will affect the population growth of our country.

4. remamethyst09

remamethyst09 EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    I do believe that there would never be a "best" age to have children. For me it is still important to decide base on our personal level of maturity in raising children. Having a child does not only mean delivering a child to the world, it also means being holistically ready to raise responsible and good citizens of our society. In short, being a parent doesn't come by only considering your age, but most importantly being emotionally, physically, spiritually and financially ready as well.

5. dzonyfox2

dzonyfox2 EdChat™ B.Ed 2.1

EdChat Karma:
    Like many others already said here, the best age to have children is when you are financially and psychically stable. Also I think that you should have enough life experience before having a child. That is why I believe the best age to have children is maybe a little before your 30s. You are healthy and you are stable as much as you can be in your life.

6. Michael Burgos

Michael Burgos EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    They are right. The best way to have children is when you are ready and of course when you are married. Never make a child with a person who is not your spouse or never have sex with some one outside of marriage. Let us set a good example for our children.

7. houd

houd EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    I guess that the best time to have children is when you are financially and mentally prepared, when you are wise enough , had already enough life experience and understand that having children is a huge responsability and it's a countinious one, those children are going to be always a part of your life and you have to raise them well and creat a nice life for them !

8. bphlover

bphlover EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    There is no specific age because it all depends on your readiness or preparedness to rear a child. Some people even though they are too young to be a parent would at times, can be a better mother or father compared to someone older. Preparedness doesn't only mean you know how to take care of a child or you are emotionally ready but you should also have the finances to begin with. Raising a child would require you to have a stable job or flow of income as you not only have to think of yourself but also your child.

9. theresajane

theresajane EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    For me, there is no perfect age for someone to build his/her own family. There is only a perfect stage. This stage is when a person is ready holistically, br it, financial, physical, emotional and every aspect that should be considered to build a big family.

10. mist

mist EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    For me anytime as long as you and your partner are booth ready. But in my opinion 25 and above are advisable since we are already mature at that age. It could also be that we have our own business or stable job at that age. Financial stable are advisable for us to take good care of our family well. Having a family at the time you are ready are the best time to have a child.

11. nrnlss

nrnlss EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    I don't think there is a specific age when to have a baby, it is more like on what age you are ready to live and raise a child. Because raising a child is not easy, you need to be financially stable, emotionally stable and if possible already have a house or apartment.

12. Andrijana15

Andrijana15 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    In my opinion, nobody can really tell you what time is 'right'. I mean, that is all up to you and your partner. If the two of you are ready to have a baby that means that you're ready to love that child, care about him, teach him, raise him, feed him, literally everything. Sometimes you will be happy, sometimes angry, sometimes you'll have to sacrifice yourself and your time for the good of your child. But the child is worthy all of it.

I'm 23, and I gave birth to my baby boy almost two years ago. It's not about the age, it's just that I found someone whom I want to spend the rest of my life with, and we love each other very much. We are married now, and we love our baby so very much.

If you find someone whom you want to spend your life with, you love him, then why wait? What is there to wait? Except if you don't want to have a child or something. You should also, have a stable financial situation, not who knows how much rich, but just stable, cause if you wait to become very rich that can happen too late, and then you have money but maybe can't have a child.

We believe a good thing should be shared