What is a quote that you live to live by?

Discussion in 'Quotes' started by Jacotah, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Jacotah

Jacotah EdChat™ B.Ed 2.1

EdChat Karma:
    I live my life by a few quotes that really inspired me. What about you guys?

2. CurbsideQueen

CurbsideQueen EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    I keep a journal of all my favorite quotes (I got the idea from A Walk to Remember, don't judge me)
    "Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes." -Mahatma Gandhi (as an artist, I think this one is really important)
    "Our real discoveries come from chaos, from going to the place that looks wrong and stupid and foolish." -Chuck Palahniuk (my favorite author)
    But my favorite quote of all time, the one that gets me through rough times, comes from Walt Disney
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

3. Eudora13

Eudora13 EdChat™ B.Ed 2.1

EdChat Karma:
    There are a few quotes that help me live through things, inspires me and keeps me carrying on..
    """" When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'. """
    """"Never regret anything in life, because at one point, it was exactly what you wanted.""""
    """"It is better to jump and to fall on your bottom than to not jump and live the rest of your life wondering if you would have landed on your feet.""""
    """"When going through hell, keep going. """"
    There are many many more of course, especially by Mitch Albom; he is an amazing inspiration! :)
    Besides these, I'm always inspired by Nickelback's song "If Today Was Your Last Day" and the poem by Edward Thomas - "The Signpost"​

4. Modera

Modera EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    "I believe in this, and it's been tested by research, that he who [redacted]s nuns will later join the church" - The Clash

"You are what you love, not what loves you" - Charlie Kaufman

5. Indigo02

Indigo02 EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    It's no famous quote, but my mother always used to tell me: "don't spend so much time worrying about what's next that you forget to appreciate what's now." She always wanted me to really take in life instead of seeing everything as a means to an end. I'm trying.

We believe a good thing should be shared