The Education Chat Network

Here you can discuss teaching, tutoring and all things educational.
Teaching? You can access lessons and resources made by teachers for teachers, provide tutoring services or classes online.
Studying? You can find an expert tutor to boost your grade, ask questions in the forum, attend online classes and much more.

WaCom Tablets for Drawing

ClearSky

EdChat™ Nomad
Feb 8, 2012
Do you use a Wacom Tablet for drawing?
I recently bought 2.
One from amazon that is called DigiPro something that I ended up having to take back. And the other is a Bamboo.
I haven't even opened it yet.

novasparker

EdChat™ Esquire
I have some experience with the DigiPro, but not the others. I guess it's where I am simply not well rehearsed in the techniques you need to be successful using a digital drawing medium, I have not had much success using any tablet for drawing. I would love to see what you can do on this device.

Jessi

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 9, 2012
I don't personally have one because I can't draw in the first place, lol.

My sister has a Wacom Bamboo, though, and loves it. She's had it for a few years now and still uses it regularly.

nikema

EdChat™ Esquire
Jul 8, 2012
I have a wacom intuos 3 and a wacom penabled tablet pc. The intuos 3 has more levels of pressure sensitivity but is less intuitive to use than the tablet PC.

Why haven't you opened your tablet yet? Are you considering returning it?

SirJoe

EdChat™ Esquire
Nov 22, 2015
I do most of digital drawing on my laptop. I have tried those drawing pads and pen but it still does take some time to get used to them, but if you can get used to it, it's like drawing on a piece of paper.

onegigabyte1gb

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 9, 2019
It have one and took me a month to get used to. I've gotten a hang of it but still until now I find it hard to draw drawing single-stroke fine lines. I bought a Samsung tablet with s pen for do line art at ease. I can't afford the wacom pen display so I'm stuck with it.