Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data
I suggest the New International Version. (NIV) . It's written in plain, clear English and easy to read. Case closed.
I have never tried to read a bible which has a new international version but I am looking forward to have some of it in the future as I am interested to read about its content to see how good it is. It would be exciting I guess as it would be my first time to have such version of a bible.

I am convinced that there is no other version of the Bible that must be read other than the King James Bible (1611). It may be difficult to understand, yes, because it is written in old English. All the other versions have been translated in order to make it easier to understand but in reality, most of the verses have changed in meaning because of the translation. An example would be from John 14:2 NIV "My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?" compared to the King James Version's "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

You can plainly see the difference. Rooms versus mansion, an uncertain statement versus an assurance from Jesus himself. Other versions have omitted the blood of Jesus and its power. It has omitted plenty of versus from the original Hebrew and Greek text.

I would really suggest that you would ONLY read the King James Bible. It is the perfect, inspired, and holy book of God.

The Bible is the book for me. I stand alone in the Word of God. It doesn't matter what version is there for me to be used.

Hard to tell, there's just so many interpretations of it, sadly. Apart from numerous Christian one's, there's also a Muslim and Judaic, so...

As a person who comes from partially Muslim environment, I believe in the Quran version, but I'll all open for other opinions.

The Bible has various translation. Oftentimes, it's difficult for me to decipher which one is the nearest translation. I don't really care much about it's content so long as it is not misleading. I've been teaching translation and I know that when we translate it is we can only translate the nearest context of a text the best we can. The same rules apply to most translation of the Bible.

Back