Taming an unruly class

Discussion in 'Public Resources' started by Corzhens, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens EdChat™ M.Ed

EdChat Karma:
    It’s not just the a student or some students but the entire class is unruly. So what can we do about that? It is plain failure of leadership on the part of the teacher although there is an argument that some students are so rebellious that they convince the other students to join the mischief of not listening to the teacher. There were some cases when the teacher would quit and the replacement would also quit. What do you think is the best solution for such students whose aim is to terrorize the teacher?

2. pamz bembi

pamz bembi EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I guess try listening to their students thought first, well I think most of us have also a rebellious stage part in our life. most of that stage we just wanted to be heard. I guess taking it slowly and not pushing too hard on them. gaining their trust is the best way to tame them.

3. jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I believe that the teacher must really be strict one. We have a teacher who gets distracted by just a noise of students talking to each other. Then he would pound all his books and scold all of us. With other teachers we can be noisy but not with this so strict teacher. In Elementary I could also remember our strict teacher throw chalk eraser to students talking beside his or her classmate.

4. Corzhens

Corzhens EdChat™ M.Ed

EdChat Karma:
    One friend who teacher in grade school admitted that there are good children and there are rascals. That means you cannot negotiate with them and being friendly is an invitation to be abused. Maybe if the teacher would be very strict to scare the student that would be better than being diplomatic. But then again, it would depend on the personality of the student.

We believe a good thing should be shared