Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

All Ages Studying Art In College

dannyboy

Legacy Member
Are there any posters on this forum that are studying art in college and if you are, why are you studying it?

I'm studying film, which is considered an art. I'm studying it mainly because I love it. I was in a film department in high school and I absolutely loved being able to practice my art every single day when I went to school. Now I get to practice it on a higher level in college and I couldn't be happier.

I'm studying film, which is considered an art. I'm studying it mainly because I love it. I was in a film department in high school and I absolutely loved being able to practice my art every single day when I went to school. Now I get to practice it on a higher level in college and I couldn't be happier.
That is awesome to hear. Perhaps you can land a job in the film industry when you get your degree.

I used to visit a college that teaches art. The atmosphere is very different from your usual classroom. You don't actually sit and listen to lectures much and you will find that most of the time you will gather around an object or model for figure and gesture drawing. And it is considered rude to speak out loud there as they think it will ruin the concentration or inspiration of whoever that is drawing.

I have always been a creative person but I never even considered studying art in college until I was required to take a course. Up until college everyone had told me that art was just leisure time. Once inside an art class I was able to see the creative discipline art is. I wanted to explore and develop my creativity and improve my skills . I was able to enhance and nurture my creative side.

Back