Spесifiс Lаnguаgе Skills

Discussion in 'Public Resources' started by Goodman, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Goodman

Goodman EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Must Hаvе соmpоnеnts tо а Pеrfесt соnvеrsаtiоn Lеssоn

Spесifiс Lаnguаgе Skills

If yоu hаvе thоught аbоut thе gоаl оf yоur соnvеrsаtiоn lеssоn, yоu prоbаbly knоw whеthеr yоu wаnt yоur studеnts tо usе а spесifiс grаmmаr struсturе, but dо thеy knоw it? Hаvе thеy studiеd it bеfоrе, оr is this thе first timе thеy аrе sееing thаt struсturе? If yоu аrе tеасhing оr prасtiсing а vеrb tеnsе, а sеntеnсе struсturе, а sеt оf vосаbulаry, оr аny оthеr lаnguаgе skill, tаkе sоmе timе bеfоrе yоur соnvеrsаtiоn асtivity tо tеасh оr rеviеw thаt skill. If pоssiblе, gо а stеp furthеr аnd givе studеnts а vеry соntrоllеd еxеrсisе in whiсh tо prасtiсе this tаrgеt skill, suсh аs wоrking with а pаrtnеr tо аnswеr quеstiоns оr соmplеtе а wоrkshееt. Thеn whеn yоu finаlly gеt tо yоur соnvеrsаtiоn асtivity, studеnts will hаvе hаd prасtiсе with thаt lаnguаgе skill аnd thеy саn usе thе struсturе suссеssfully in thе соnvеrsаtiоn, withоut thе nееd fоr immеdiаtе аnd dеtаilеd fееdbасk оn yоur pаrt.

Meshack likes this.
  2. Corzhens

Corzhens EdChat™ M.Ed

EdChat Karma:
    English is our secondary language and it was the medium of instruction starting in 2nd grade. That was during my time but now it is our native language that is mostly used in the classroom. Anyway, I have noticed that our teacher would allow us to talk regardless of the mistakes in grammar. She wouldn’t touch that subject of correcting the student during the recitation. But expect the issue to come up in the succeeding days so that we learn by reviewing our own grammar mistakes.

3. newlife

newlife EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Schools encourages the development of conversational English of students. Students are often reluctant to speak English because they lack confidence and fear that they may be corrected by their teachers. In order to help them , teachers accept descriptive English , wherein students are allowed to converse in English without checking too much of their grammar.

4. Jelineex

Jelineex EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    It is always best to encourage the student to speak good English grammar. It will enhance their knowledge and be able to apply what they have learned. This also help to boost self confidence. Educators should require student to speak appropriate language during the discussion and correct them in a good manner. Sometimes students are reluctant to participate because they feared for correction and embarrassment. A nice and friendly discussion is good environment for a child to learn.

5. Grace Terrado

Grace Terrado EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    English is a universal language and mostly in school we use it, but we also have our mother tongue language. We usually use it in our communication. So I think using that two in school are good in order to explain well and to express our feelings meaningfully.

Meshack likes this.
  6. Meshack

Meshack EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    While I agree but at times you may bring a new thing for conversation to test what the learners know. This will encourage learners to move ahead of the teacher.

7. pamz bembi

pamz bembi EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I do encourage the student should learn English because English really is the international language, also a bigger part of the world is using this language,

We believe a good thing should be shared