Should i be all over my hubby every second of the day?

Discussion in 'Health and Relationships' started by camella wallace, Dec 16, 2014.

1. camella wallace
    Adorable

camella wallace EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I was browsing on a social network just now when i received a text from one of my male friend asking me why is it i am up so late and if i shouldn't be in the arms of my hubby. I just cannot understand where some persons get the concept that once you're in a relationship you're suppose to be around your significant other every second of the day. I don't know about other women but i have a life of my own and as such need my space at times !

2. Mpho Ashworth
    Busy

Mpho Ashworth EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I agree that in as much as it's important to spend quality time together, it's equally important to have time away from each. I too can feel stifled and crowded if we spend too much together. Sometimes I need female company, or even just me time doing my own thing. Like with everything, there has to be a healthy balance :)

camella wallace likes this.
  3. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdana EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    Absolutely not! People need their space. Space is good. I always get really annoyed with girls who are super clingy with their boyfriends/spouses or whatever. You don't need to spend every waking moment together. Have seperate lives that overlap, I think that's best. Hang out with your girlfriends and let him hang out with his boys.

4. camella wallace
    Adorable

EdChat Karma:

5. xTinx
    Breezy

xTinx EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Perhaps your male friend likes his woman to be all clingy, not realizing that this could very well be a relationship deal breaker. Don't mind him. He simply has a different set of values. Since it's not to your taste, then just shrug off and carry on with your married life as you deem fit. Or, he could be teasing you.

6. atanas12

atanas12 EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    Don't even think about it :) It would drive you both nuts. You are married, you love each other but why the need to hang in each others arms all day, maybe he is just feeling insecure in himself or trying to flirt with you. Either way I agree that people need their space and doing things apart is healthy for both of you.

7. Shenwil
    Adorable

Shenwil EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I totally agree with you. I would just go crazy if my hubby was around all the time too. No need to be clingy in relationships just as long as you trust each other that's just fine.

8. missbookworm

missbookworm EdChat™ M.Ed

EdChat Karma:
    Why would a male friend even ask you that question in the first place? Was he really that intrigued? Anyway, I agree with you. Just because you're already married doesn't mean you don't have the right to enjoy other things on your own now. Everyone needs a little time for themselves as well.

9. camella wallace
    Adorable

EdChat Karma:
    At times I just want some me time to meditate and just enjoy some peace and tranquility.

10. djordjem87

djordjem87 EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    It depends on many things. What kind of person you and your husbands are, you cannot find two same persons and that is the truth. If you are not all over your husband that doesn't mean you don't care about him. As you said you have your own agenda and to be honest i love my freedom too so i understand you perfectly. I hate those couples that live in a world of two, ignoring everything and everybody like they are the ones in love and the rest do not understand them and love, while we are at it. I think you are doing fine as long your husband agrees.

11. Decentlady

Decentlady EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    This is a very common message that I get from my friends. Almost everyone thinks that a woman has no right to be chatting or having personal space. It really irritates me.

I often wonder why those asking me are online in the first place!

12. AngelaMc

AngelaMc EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    I believe every couple needs their own space also. My question is, why is your male friend concerned about why you're up so late and not snuggling with your hubby. It sounds like he may be a little interested in you.

13. Jason76

Jason76 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    The opposite is also true. For instance, I had a girlfriend who did not work due to disability. Therefore, being with her got old - cause she would never give me time to myself. Anyhow, I can totally understand, the other side, where women would want time to themselves - at least some of them. :)

14. rz3300

rz3300 EdChat™ B.Ed 3rd

EdChat Karma:
    I would sure hope not. I know that some people need more comforting than others, but at some point we all need our own space. I know that I need a lot more than most people, so maybe that is playing into my answer, but either way.

15. Belovedad

Belovedad EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    Trust me, you should not being do that. It gets annoying and it will make him feel like you don't trust him. Give him some space or he'll get bored of you real quick.

16. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I agree to this more than anything. Even though I love my husband beyond and above everything we both need our space in life. It is not necessary that when at home we both should be together.
    Every person has his own likes and dislikes and to fetch time to fulfill them is the right of every human being. So in order to stay happy together it becomes important to maintain some occasional space in a relationship.

17. c.shielaann

c.shielaann EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I agree that you have to have your own personal time. Not because we are in a relationship it doesnt mean that we have to be together at all times. Respecting each others space is another way of showing how you love and trust one another and it can make your relationship grow deeper.

18. Tehilah27

Tehilah27 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Being in each other's space every second of the day gets old really fast. You need breathing room and you also need a life. Independence in a relationship is a great thing because you show that you don't need the person to survive but you want the person; you are not with them out of necessity or because you don't have a life of your own but because you appreciate and value them and being with them is a choice you have consciously made.

We believe a good thing should be shared