The Education Chat Network

Here you can discuss teaching, tutoring and all things educational.
Teaching? You can access lessons and resources made by teachers for teachers, provide tutoring services or classes online.
Studying? You can find an expert tutor to boost your grade, ask questions in the forum, attend online classes and much more.

Rose Painting

msmonkeyfeet

EdChat™ Nomad
May 28, 2012
For some reason one night I was painting and I happened to look over at some near death roses I'd recently received and I found myself wishing I could bring them back to life. So I swirled some paint on a piece of tinfoil and picked a rose and pushed it into the paint. I then printed it onto a blank sheet of paper and gradually added other colors. The attached picture is the end result of the rose as well as the prints on the paper. As I love photography as well, it was a double victory for me! DSC_0772.JPG

Attachments

aphil

EdChat™ Nomad
May 20, 2012
The Holy Land
This is so beautiful and creative! It begins with the beauty of the rose design itself, and then the colors and patterns you created really highlight it. The picture is clear and somehow, the background seems to add focus to the rose. I say somehow because it is a dark background and the colors are of a dark hue too. Very well done. Way to follow your instincts.

ClearSky

EdChat™ Nomad
Feb 8, 2012
Oh My.
Thats pretty. You've inspired me to try more.
I will have to post something when I get the nerve to.
One Question: What kind of camera did you take this photo with ?

tosaytheleast

EdChat™ Nomad
May 22, 2012
Beautiful piece of art in here! I wonder how much would it cost. This must be pretty expensive. The painting is very detailed and very clean.

msmonkeyfeet

EdChat™ Nomad
May 28, 2012
Beautiful piece of art in here! I wonder how much would it cost. This must be pretty expensive. The painting is very detailed and very clean.
It's actually a photograph, not a painting. Although it's paint ON the rose so it's sort of like a photograph of a painting. And if I thought I could make any sort of money selling my photographs I would, but I highly doubt anyone would buy something like this.

novasparker

EdChat™ Esquire
How awesome is this? The photograph of the rose is amazing. I think you are selling yourself short if you think that no one would be willing to pay for what you have created. Maybe you should think about putting your stuff out there and see if someone would be interested. It's all about getting your pictures in front of the right audience.

meryliz

EdChat™ Nomad
Aug 9, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Such a creative and beautiful idea! It always make me sad when flowers die, but there remains a beauty in their wilting petals. By adding the paint, you have in fact rejuvenated the flower because we get to appreciate the intricate petals in a new way, instead of noticing that they might be browning or torn. :)

Using the rose as a stamp and creating a new painting from it looks great too!

Clazzi

EdChat™ Nomad
Aug 15, 2012
Whoa that's an awesome idea. I think you should try it more with other color combinations. Blue is very prominent here - kind of makes me think of the Earth. Maybe you could also limit the amount of colors on the next try as well, and plan out patterns? :) Great job!!!!

missbookworm

EdChat™ Nomad
Nov 23, 2015
Wow, I am very much impressed with this awesome idea, and your work. This is a beautiful painting. I am speechless. Keep it up! :)

SirJoe

EdChat™ Esquire
Nov 22, 2015
Very nice, I think you got it right. It will live a little longer, well done.

briannagodess

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 18, 2016
Wow, that's such a great way of reviving an old rose! Hmmm... I cannot tell though if it's a white rose, a red rose or a yellow rose. Lol. Regardless, the supposed rose painting looks so inspiring. I want to do one myself. But sadly, I don't have roses near me. Maybe other kinds of flowers can do?

I love the printed rose stamps on the paper as well. I think this would be a fun activity to do with the kids also! It doesn't need a lot of tools, you don't need to be an expert and it's entertaining!