The Education Chat Network

Here you can discuss teaching, tutoring and all things educational.
Teaching? You can access lessons and resources made by teachers for teachers, provide tutoring services or classes online.
Studying? You can find an expert tutor to boost your grade, ask questions in the forum, attend online classes and much more.

All Ages Paper Folding or Origami

gracer

EdChat™ Esquire
Jul 2, 2016
Hello everyone! :)

Paper folding which is most commonly known as origami, which has been originally done in Japan as part of their culture has now been embraced worldwide as a form or art involving any kind of paper folding. I remember being taught about the simple types of paper folding by my older cousin when I was still a little girl. We would make birds, benches, boats, hats, airplanes, and balls out of paper. Now that I'm a mom, I also teach my son about origami by teaching him about the simple paper folding techniques I learned when I was still a child.

In my child's school, teachers also encourage children to learn the art of paper folding at their early years. I observed that this kind of activity helps bring out a child's creativity and hand coordination through the different paper folding techniques taught to them.

Older students and even adults can benefit from this kind of art as a form of recreation and stress reliever. The finished products are a vision to look at and they do give a feeling of pride to the person who has created them.