All Ages "New Year's Resolution" Essay

Discussion in 'Public Resources' started by tigerlily, Dec 31, 2018.

1. tigerlily

tigerlily EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    With the school holiday break coming to an end soon, students have been joking around that the first thing their English teachers will do is to have them write down an essay on "New Year's Resolution". I noticed that it does happen quite a lot even back when I was a student myself. Are you one of those teachers who give out this homework to your students yearly or do you give them a different essay topic? :)

Meshack likes this.
  2. Corzhens

Corzhens EdChat™ M.Ed

EdChat Karma:
    I have asked around about the essays that we used to write in school particularly about the occasions like the holiday season, summer activities and new year’s resolutions. I was saddened to learn that those essays are not being practiced anymore and instead the topics are about the modern times like what you do in social media or what computer games do you like most. It is sad but I understand that times are a-changing and students have to be abreast with the technology and modern things in life.

3. cDada

cDada EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    Make 2019 the year you live in the moment, no matter if you’re digging into a brunch with friends or hanging out with your better half on a random weeknight. Be as mindful as you can of your time together, even if it’s just for an hour. Although it’s tempting to pick up your phone (yes, this again), resist the urge and be present. Everyone benefits from some quality time with those you love.

4. Jelineex

Jelineex EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Yes, in my younger days its always a homework to be reported. We are required to write on a one whole sheet of paper about our adventures either its Christmas holidays or Summer vacation. Its a fun activity but difficult. You have to write it with the proper usage of grammar. ( Hehehe ) Its a way to know if a student learns something. Writing an essay is a good way to develop or enhance the mental ability and writing skills.

5. Meshack

Meshack EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Topics must be new always. Do not be easily predicted. Do what the students least expect. I enjoyed reading essays on A Mad Donkey In The Market etc

We believe a good thing should be shared