The Education Chat Network

Here you can discuss teaching, tutoring and all things educational.
Teaching? You can access lessons and resources made by teachers for teachers, provide tutoring services or classes online.
Studying? You can find an expert tutor to boost your grade, ask questions in the forum, attend online classes and much more.

My Sketches

Ashleyind

EdChat™ Nomad
May 12, 2011
India
hey there everyone!

I'm new here, thought I would share my artwork with you all.
I just like to draw for fun. Although, I have people who tell me that I should take my art more seriously.
I'm thinking of selling my art on Etsy. Do you think I'm good enough to do that?
These are not my original creation btw(Calvin and Hobbes is pretty evident).

Thanks
Ashley

Attachments

Hawkins

EdChat™ Nomad
May 1, 2011
They all look awesome. My favorite one would have to be the last one, mostly because I'm into Comics more.

Cecil15

EdChat™ Esquire
Jun 21, 2011
Philippines
Nice sketches! I really like the dog sketches there. I thought all that pictures are made of artists in comics and books but I must say you can definitely sell those. I think someone might buy your works. They are really good.

MLKS

EdChat™ Nomad
Feb 25, 2012
Wow. You really know how to draw. Very realistic sketches. You should make a living out of it man! Have you ever tried drawing buildings?

Sandra Piddock

EdChat™ B.Ed 2.1
Jan 12, 2012
Spain
I love the one of the little girl with the puppies. Her face just shines out from the sketch. My daughter can't draw to save her life if you asked her to draw a flower of a tree, even with the object in front of her, but give her a picture to copy - especially a cartoon - and she's a star. That's a real talent you have there - you're certainly good enough to make money from your work.

aphil

EdChat™ Nomad
May 20, 2012
The Holy Land
You are good enough. You seem to capture the spirit of all your characters very well. You should definitely share your work and see if it sells. You depict the dogs so well and bring out the adorable in them. You know, so many people love their pets and this may resonate with them. Put yourself out there.

ladypaty

EdChat™ Nomad
May 31, 2012
Wow! I liked you drawin9gs (especially the first and the fourth). I'm no art critic, or something like that, but at first glance I can see you have a knack for capturing the essence of the subject that you are drawing, a quality that some artists are missing.
And back to your question, I think you're on track to start selling your drawings on Etsy. Just keep practicing whenever you can, and you will see how soon someone will be interested in buying one of your works.

ClearSky

EdChat™ Nomad
Feb 8, 2012
hey there everyone!

I'm new here, thought I would share my artwork with you all.
I just like to draw for fun. Although, I have people who tell me that I should take my art more seriously.
I'm thinking of selling my art on Etsy. Do you think I'm good enough to do that?
These are not my original creation btw(Calvin and Hobbes is pretty evident).

Thanks
Ashley
Those are nice drawings.
Have you made any tutorials on Youtube yet?

yellowfish

EdChat™ Nomad
May 19, 2012
Ashleyind
how much do you charge for your drawings. Would you draw from a photo. Needless to say i like them. my favs are the children.

nikema

EdChat™ Esquire
Jul 8, 2012
Ashley, your drawings literally brought a smile to my face starting with the first thumbnail of the dog. He really has a great expression. Are all of these copies from other artwork? I think your rendering is great and there's nothing stopping you from selling art. Don't pressure yourself to make a business out of it if you don't want to though. It might take some of the fun out of drawing.

Reactions: Ashleyind

JoannaL

EdChat™ Nomad
Jul 9, 2012
Considering the fact that you are drawing just for fun, you are extremely talented. You really have a gift to capture the small details. Your drawings are very realistic, and the facial expressions are amazing. The fourth drawing left me speechless. I wish I could draw puppies like you.:p I would love to see these drawings in a colored version.

jose26425

EdChat™ Esquire
Jun 3, 2013
I've always enjoyed Calvin & Hobbes. I especially enjoy how the artist captures the innocence and frivolity of childhood, especially when so many of us adults tend to forget them as we get older. Is there a certain reason why you decided to sketch Calvin & Hobbes? Do you have any others?

jose26425

EdChat™ Esquire
Jun 3, 2013
I've always enjoyed Calvin & Hobbes. I especially enjoy how the artist captures the innocence and frivolity of childhood, especially when so many of us adults tend to forget them as we get older. Is there a certain reason why you decided to sketch Calvin & Hobbes? Do you have any others?