The Education Chat Network

Here you can discuss teaching, tutoring and all things educational.
Teaching? You can access lessons and resources made by teachers for teachers, provide tutoring services or classes online.
Studying? You can find an expert tutor to boost your grade, ask questions in the forum, attend online classes and much more.

Moonlit night

Eudora13

EdChat™ Nomad
Jul 27, 2013
This is something I conjured out of my head. I was trying to paint a moonlit scene, some water and grass...and this is what I came up with. I can't say I'm too happy with it, the leaves are terrible:(, but I've managed to capture something of the 'mood' I guess. I can't yet do a moon well, so..no moon. The work is a mix of paints, dry pastels, ink pens, whatever I could get hold of, to get this thing to happen! Any comments?

a3.bp.blogspot.com__k8VZShXHa1I_UeD5rfqIEoI_AAAAAAAABEg_feA3rvS_3f4_s1600_sze.jpg

Reactions: thestoryteller1

pandandesign

EdChat™ Esquire
Oct 29, 2013
It looks very good, especially the reflection of the light when I look at the water and I can see the grasses through the reflection. It is very well-drawn, but I would think the trees might look a little off especially the leaves. However, it is not easy to drawn each leaf, so it still looks good.

missbookworm

EdChat™ Nomad
Nov 23, 2015
I absolutely love it. I may not be an expert when it comes to painting, but I know a good artwork when I see one. It's beautiful, indeed. Keep it up! :)

SirJoe

EdChat™ Esquire
Nov 22, 2015
That is amazing well done. I think this is much better then your original idea.