The Education Chat Network

Here you can discuss teaching, tutoring and all things educational.
Teaching? You can access lessons and resources made by teachers for teachers, provide tutoring services or classes online.
Studying? You can find an expert tutor to boost your grade, ask questions in the forum, attend online classes and much more.

All Ages Martial Arts is a Must

Kakashi2020

EdChat™ Nomad
May 3, 2020
I'm a firm believer that every person has to learn to defend and protect himself from aggression. Schools should integrate martial arts as a subject may it be Boxing, Karate, Kungfu, Stick fighting, Fencing or other systems of defense. Because self protection and preservation is one of the most important skills a person should learn and it should be available in schools.

Reactions: EDCHAT®

Zeus20

EdChat™ Nomad
May 7, 2020
Yes it is a must, specially now a days where the numbers of bad guys risen up. And also requiring every one to carry a non lethal weapon such as tasers and pepper spray could help to avoid criminals. Because not everyone has a strong body to use to fight criminals. So non lethal weapon is one of my ways to protect my self.

Kurosagi

EdChat™ Nomad
May 6, 2020
Nigeria
I'm a firm believer that every person has to learn to defend and protect himself from aggression. Schools should integrate martial arts as a subject may it be Boxing, Karate, Kungfu, Stick fighting, Fencing or other systems of defense. Because self protection and preservation is one of the most important skills a person should learn and it should be available in schools.
A few things actually. First, I'm sure fencing would not be applicable in any situation other than fencing. Also, schools were never meant to facilitate such things. School is all about academics and in some instances, there are wrestling teams in high schools. Making martial arts mandatory with a bunch of little kids is sure to lead to disaster. Imagine all the bloody noses, the heavy-handed kids, and the no chill kids. Not to mention pacifist kids who would not want to be part of any sort of conflict. Physical education alone can be dangerous enough. Have you ever dealt with two kids head butting each other? Excluding the concern of brain damage, just the ruckus alone is headache-inducing, no pun intended. So it should be up to parents whether their kids are going to be tigers or lambs.

Reactions: EDCHAT®

Astra Gray Herondale

EdChat™ Esquire
Dec 19, 2018
Hawaii
I agree that it would be good to teach young children how to strengthen and protect themselves. However, making martial arts mandatory in school might be a bit too much? I would suggest a self-defense course instead, where kids are taught how to defend themselves from assailants or escape from someone.