Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

Is your country under the Kto12 program?

Trisha23

Legacy Member
Which is more convinient, engaging in Kto12 and adding additional 2 years on your journey or stick with the old policy where highschool is only 4 years and you go straight to college?

I have already graduated before k to 12 was implemented. My eldest daughter should have been third year college if k to 12 was not implemented yet. In a way it was a blessing for me because I resigned from my job and I don't have enough money for her college. It is just this year that we are paying for her tuition in college. If there was no k to 12 yet, then it will be three years of tuition payment. I believe that k to 12 was implemented because those who go abroad were required to have longer education in high school. That is why our government passed a law for the k to 12.

I think k to 12 is good for students to go through. Other countries requires would require you that you have graduated in a k to 12 program. You are easily accepted to work in their company. My sister went to a nursing school again abroad in spite of having a master's degree already in our country.

Is your country under the K to 12 program: Yes, in our country country k to 12 already been implemented I didn't cover it because It was just implemented 3 years ago if I am not mistaken and I already graduated in my bacgelor degree last 3 years ago also. So I really don't have any idea how this program go but it seems tha5 it was agreat help to everyone speciall6 those who planning to go to abroad because some of the country required a k to 12 to be passed thier qualification.

I believe that K to 12 is a good education system adopt by the government to prepare the students to be globally competitive and produce professionals that can excel even in the international stage.

Global competitiveness is the reason why there is an additional 2 years in the high school of our country. It was not like that before. If you will just work here in our country before, the four years in high school is already enough requirement for a job. The problem is for the overseas workers who were required to enter their school before they could work.

Yes, it was recently implemented in our country, and so far, it's working. But of course, we're still findings ways to make it work or as stable as other countries whose implementing it for a long time now. It's a great way because at an early stage children will have an idea what would be best for them or path to take in adulthood.

K to 12 has already started and is still in operation in our country. It is good because it is at par or we are going to the same level with other countries. Before high school is just 4 years. Now it has reached to six years. Other people are complaining because of the time and money that are added for the two years.

I am a product of a traditional 4 years high school. My eldest has passed through the six years of high school. The youngest is now in grade eight. The advantage of the traditional schooling is less time to go to college. The k to 12 students will go through additional two years of schooling.

Which is more convinient, engaging in Kto12 and adding additional 2 years on your journey or stick with the old policy where highschool is only 4 years and you go straight to college?
Yes indeed , our country's education system was change to k to 12 program since on 2015. In my opinion , it is a good eductaional system and it has so many positive feed back from the parents in any level. However, it gains some negative feedback from certain parents of my students because they do not like the system and they think that it will make their children suffer more to graduate. In my vision, it will help the students to gain more skills that they need to get the job thst they want.

In our country, Philippines, we are still struggling with the acceptance of people on K-12. It's doing good so far, but, we are still like in the stage of trial and error as our country just implemented it recently.

I believe that it is more convenient if we go back to the 4 years high school only. You will go straightway to College after you graduated the four year of high school. the two years I think its a hassle for the students and the parents who will pay for another two years of schooling.

Our country is now under the k to 12 program. But until now there are those people who want that high school will only be for four years.

Yes, and I dislike it. I prefer when 10 or 11 years was around, because school is useless nowadays. At least in our country the education system is poor, and old (in terms of incapability to adjust to the new era outside).

Lucky for us, no. We have 9 years of mandatory school, and 2 years extra (unless you go to college). I'm all for homeschooling, because schools are inefficient nowadays.

I don't know if we can still do something in our country to get back to only 4 years of high school. Two more additional years is a long time and a great amount of money will also be spent in doing it.

Yes, K to 12 is now implemented in our country. We are one of the last countries to implement it in Asia. The curriculum has been enhanced and there has been changes to specific subjects. These changes improve core subjects such as Math, Science and English. There are also specializations or tracks in different students' areas of interest. Overall, I believe this is a good change to our country giving us global edge and competitiveness.

I'm not a product under K to 12 program in my country but I do have a decent job at the moment and don't have any regrets about my profession. But since our country implemented this program, I think it's good for the students under taking it at the moment because it's additional learning and be more competitive in the future even in international job/profession. But now that it's just new in my country, of course at first people will start to complain because of another 2 years in school and additional tuition fee but in the long run this K to 12 program is best... :)

Yes, with K-12 education, students will have sufficient instructional time for subject-related tasks, making them more prepared in every subject area. another reason to support K-12 education is because the graduates of this program will be more prepared to enter the labor force. High school graduates of the 10-year curriculum were not yet employable since they were not competent or well–equipped enough for the workplace. In addition, high school graduates of the 10-year curriculum are not yet 18. With the new curriculum, senior high school students can specialize in a field that they are good at and interested in. As a result, upon graduation they will have the specific job-related skills they need even without a college degree. When they graduate from high school, these young people will be 18 and employable, adding to the nation's manpower.

Back