The Education Chat Network

Here you can discuss teaching, tutoring and all things educational.
Teaching? You can access lessons and resources made by teachers for teachers, provide tutoring services or classes online.
Studying? You can find an expert tutor to boost your grade, ask questions in the forum, attend online classes and much more.

Ages 11-16+ [Secondary] Is History part of the required course?

pandandesign

EdChat™ Esquire
Oct 29, 2013
I remember when I was in middle school, I was required to take at least one History class prior graduation. I didn't do well in History because it wasn't my cup of tea, which I didn't want to learn about the Civil War nor World War I. However, I didn't see the point to have History included as part of the curriculum because it didn't really help me in the long run. Is History part of a required class in your school?

cookiesandcreamshake

EdChat™ Nomad
Feb 5, 2014
Yes, History was a required class in school. I had to take it till I was a sophomore. I did fairly okay but I never liked the subject. Always thought it was too dull and boring, but maybe that was because of my teacher.

dannyboy

EdChat™ Nomad
Jul 1, 2013
History is a required course at my university and i have to say that I enjoyed the classes when I took them. There were a lot of interstibg events that were discussed.

UNN

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 13, 2019
I think history is a very interesting course to study and i love the fun in making research and uncovering the truth about certain things.

Zeus20

EdChat™ Nomad
May 7, 2020
Sad to say, but here in our country history is a required subject in every course no matter what it is. And our professor in our history subject do always remind us that we should be thankful of our history, because without them we are nothing, without them we are not enjoying this freedom specially here in our country where we are colonized before but thankfully my fellow country men who is also a hero of our country fight for our freedom that is why we should continue their legacy so their sacrifices will pay off.