How much does physical appearance matter to you in a partner?

Discussion in 'Health and Relationships' started by AmYy, May 20, 2014.

1. Alania

Alania EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    It doesn't matter at all actually, as long as we share the same mentality. Despite what the movies teach us, if you two are different you wouldn't last long. Why build a relationship between people who are completely different? We've been lied to. As for the appearance, he has to be pretty much like myself, originated from our nation, and he is, since we're married for 5 years already haha.

2. Gherald Nepomuceno

Gherald Nepomuceno EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    I think look is more important now than your behavior because we are millennial and we want awesome things

3. Klint

Klint EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I believe physical appearance matters a lot especially that that's the number one aspect mostly looked upon first by people before considering you for a partner. People should pamper themselves and make sure that they are presentable if they expect to have a partner soon. Better to have an excellent first impression than start off by being a disgusting person who doesn't know how to keep himself clean and neat.

4. Millyn

Millyn EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    It doesn't really matter, as long as i am or we are comfortable with each other then that would be fine. But of course you have to pray and ask for the right one. God will make His perfect way and give that one to you at the perfect time. He may not be physically attractive to some but God always gives us the best according to our individual needs. Someone that will match us and complete us in all ways.

5. ART36

ART36 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I agree with you , movies teaches us wrong perspective about life and the bad news is most of us are watching misleading love story movies that teaches us to look more on the physical apperance of a person that you will marry. We admit it or not, we often tend to love a person(not a true love) by Her/His good physical apperance but not paying attention to the moral of that person.

6. Caguioa747

Caguioa747 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    for me, I would rather date a funny and intelligent girl. because before i tried to date a very good looking girl but it didn't worked out. there's a lot of dead air and nothing to talk about while a funny and intelligent you can talk about a lot of things.

7. Tehilah27

Tehilah27 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    My immediate answer would be yes but in reality, good looks has never been the first thing I look for in a partner. Usually, we start up as friends and they grow on me. When you're making friends their looks isn't always primary (shared interest usually is).

8. kcxxwawe

kcxxwawe EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    I think finding someone who's got the package for you is the right one. Some guy out there can be all you've ever wanted to have but the feeling isn't there. You might even end up with someone you never thought you could be one. For some, it's the humor that they like, others, the intelligence. Initially, the look will matter because realistically speaking, that's probably the first attraction between two persons. But then again, as long as you get to know the person deeper and find yourself falling for him or her, your standards won't matter anymore, even in the toughest types of love, even when the world is against it.

9. dzonyfox2

dzonyfox2 EdChat™ B.Ed 2.1

EdChat Karma:
    To be honest, the physical look is something that really matters when someone begins to attract you physically. And I think that it is the same for the most people, they just don't want to admit it, thinking that it is something bad to be said. There is nothing bad in getting attracted by someone physically. I believe that in order to develop a romantic relationship with someone, first you have to get attracted physically by that person. After that, you can evaluate the personality of that person, which is far more important for a long and serious relationship. Time has to show you if that person fits you or not. You can evaluate someone physically at the moment, but emotionally not that fast.

10. NikSuks

NikSuks EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Of course, it matters. We fall, to put it like that, for physical appearance. But behavior is what keeps people together. So, I would say that physical appearance is important but not the most important, for sure. On a scale from 1-10, I would give it 3 or 4, as far as importance is considered.

11. nrnlss

nrnlss EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    I have physical type, but that doesn't mean that I only dated those type of men. I got types, I clearly like men who look good but sometimes if you get to know someone better even though they are not that physically attractive, but they have good heart and great humor you will like them more than you will like a good looking person. So physical is important to me it matters in a short period of time, but manners, humor and goodness of heart will last longer.

12. Meshack

Meshack EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Looks are everything in a relationship. Walking about with a beauty or handsome guy is great. Good behavior, love and financial security are factors too.

13. Andrijana15

Andrijana15 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Well, physical look is not the most important thing, that's for sure. That's just the first step to get attracted to someone, but if you don't like the behavior, the way of thinking, the kind of peron someone is, that's worth nothing. I think it's important to find both, to like someone's physical look, that someone doesn't have to be extremely handsome and beautiful, but you have to like what you see, but also to like that someone as a person, and how well you connect together.

Someone can be the most handsome and beautiful, but it's for nothing if you don't like what kind of person it is. The same as the opposite, you can like what kind of person is someone, but if he/she is ugly to you, and you are not feeling great when you kiss, or something, that's not any better. I think that finding both is the only best option, because everyone has different opinion on who is beautiful outside, and what kind of person they like, and there are so much people, and everyone can find their perfect combination.

Luckily, I found my perfect combination, and I have my husband, I love him very much. He is beautiful, not extremely handsome, but he looks good, and the important thing is that I like the way he looks. We have a great connection, he is a great person, smart, thoughtful, positive, funny, sensitive, helpful, supportive, and many other great things. Of course, he has some flaws, but nobody is perfect, and there are much more things that I like about him than the things I don't like. We have a child, and he is also a great father. I think that all of it together is important to be complete.

We believe a good thing should be shared