How do i know when it is real love?

Discussion in 'Health and Relationships' started by Acube, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Acube
    Busy

Acube EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    When two individuals meet and they share a few things in common is that love? What if I meet the person for the first time and I say I am in love, could that be real or is it infatuation. If a person say I have crush on someone what does that mean. Many say they have found love at first sight, that same love made them loose sight of love. Then what?A divorce or separation,so how do we know when it is real?

2. xTinx
    Breezy

xTinx EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    First of all, stop trying to quantify love. The reason why it fails is that a lot of us always have these silly questions in our head, as if it's that easy to measure and define love when the truth is it isn't. Don't try to know whether or not you're in the midst of true love. Just work on it. After all, love itself is a work in progress. It's never perfect to begin with.

3. cranberry87

cranberry87 EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    When you no longer have this question in mind about a person, you are in love. When you sit and try to define or justify your feelings, they aren't what you might think they are!

4. Mpho Ashworth
    Busy

Mpho Ashworth EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    All I know is, I never saw it coming. I also don't think it's something you can some up in one sentence as it's probably different things for different people. But I do believe, when it hits you, you should know. Is there such a thing as love at first sight? I believe it's possible for some as I've known some people to have known on meeting someone for the first time that they'd marry them one day. -and to this day they're still happy together after many years! It's unique to each one of us :)

5. missbookworm

missbookworm EdChat™ M.Ed

EdChat Karma:
    Well, I honestly don't know the answer to that. But as for me, love is not only about feelings, it's a choice as well. It's about giving your best efforts, being understanding, making things work, finding time for the other person, staying patient, staying loyal, etc.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi EdChat™ M.Ed

EdChat Karma:
    I think that's one of the millions dollar questions that people have been trying to find the answer to for a number of years now.

Love can be a funny emotion and more often than not it can be mixed up with infatuation, and lust. It's also possible to be in love with a person but not actually love them so it's not an easy question to answer.

Personally, this might not help, but I just think that it's a feeling that you just instantky know and feel. Love isn't something that grows on you over a period of time,,it hits you there and then and you don't question what it is, you just...Well...know.

7. Caguioa747

Caguioa747 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Love isn't tangible, but it is an emotion that can drive you to action to create something tangible. Same with magnets, you can't see a magnetic force, but two magnets can push or attract each other.

8. Apollo2018

Apollo2018 EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    Love is a mysterious thing and it can conquers all. Knowing true love is not about physical effort but it should be feel within the deepest of your soul. Something that sparks when you see that person. Someone you can do anything without considering the consequences as long as you made that person happy. Your heart just keep on racing everytime you are with that person and it made you crazy or misses the moment without the presence and that is true love.

9. WallEPug
    Sleepy

WallEPug EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    True love isn't the ultimate spot where you reach at a certain point in life. So to pinpoint what true love is, is really hard. I think people should stay with one another because the other person loves cares for them and is logical in their arguments.

10. jessie271

jessie271 EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    Real love is when your love for a person is "UNCONDITIONAL". It doesn't know any condition. You sacrifice for that person without condition. The perfect example of real love is the love of God toward us. Jesus Christ laid down His life for us sinners so that we can be saved for our sins. God's love is real love because it's unconditional. He still loved us though we are sinners and therefore unlovable but He still chose to love us and save us. That's how I describe real love - "UNCONDITIONAL"!

11. jannah

jannah EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    If someone’s “always” on your mind, you’re not focused on other Really Important Things. And that’s a problem.

12. Lau_jaymil

Lau_jaymil EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    Love hits you hard in the gut, knowing if that person would ever leave your side it would be the end of your world. Same goes to your significant other, or in other words you value him/her or he/she value you the most.

13. jannah

jannah EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    If someone’s “always” on your mind, you’re not focused on other Really Important Things. And that’s a problem.
    Real love fits into real life, rather than usurping it. It’s calm, not overwhelming.

14. Andrijana15

Andrijana15 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I think that no one really knows the exact answer to that question. When that happens you'll just know it. Maybe you won't even be aware of it at first, but after some time, you'll realize what it really is.

Just don't think about it all the time, don't question it. Enjoy the moment, go with the flow, and let it happen. When it does, you'll know.

We believe a good thing should be shared