Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

All Ages History repeats itself.

• Thread starter Esuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Esuna

I read this from a quote "If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience?" If the first world war rocked the record books before, then how come we got a second one that's a lot worse? Misguided leaders doing instant replays of dumb and impatient decisions. The tug of war between superpowers, The competition of giants over weaker nations. Who's in charge of the world financial markets? Who will rule the world? If we ask what's in store for us in the future, it really depends on how much we learned so far from the past. Though past researches in technology made a huge step forward, we can still say our iPhones are way more advanced than two-way radios. I would say let bygones be bygones and check out what's the latest most powerful thermonuclear bomb ever made. what do you say?

I think that man does not learn from experience when it comes to the fight for absolute power. The wars were exactly about that- fighting for power and fighting for the "throne." Some people would do everything just to have the most money, the best suits, the most expensive apartments and cars. There are many greedy people living in our world. The end of those greedy people who are making wars is: "End justify the means." As for the question who is in charge of world financial markets, well. That is a tough question. I do not think that anyone knows the names of those people. They are complete mystery. People learn about some things but as far as the wars are concerned I think that people do not learn.

Because only a few possible events can happen and chances are something similar enough to something else will happen. People will say history repeats. Just like how there are only so many plots that can be written before people start saying one is similar to another.

History follows a pattern of events that recur in different eras. Also used to refer to anything that happens more than once.

History keeps on repeating itself. Some people are blinded by greed and desire and fail to see that they are going on the way of hundreds of failures before...

There is also a quote that states "Man is doomed to repeat their mistakes" or something. Greed and hate can blind men and that leads to bad things from history happening over and over again in an endless cycle.

History would always repeat itself because, although man is capable of knowing his previous mistakes and learns from them, man often fails in the execution part. They know that it is wrong and it would end up badly, and yet our greedy sinful nature sometimes renders us incapable of thought, in order to meet our insatiable desires.

History repeats itself. Yes, it is repeating all over again. But is it not good not to repeat those worst things that ever happened before and just repeat those good things. We are creating our history. So it's up to us humans to rewrite it whatever we want to not to be repeated in our lives or in this world. If we want to escape that cycle of repeating and repeating again we must learn and have that strong will to change.

History does repeat itself but you are right about how mankind never learns its lessons. We tread the same path over and over again.the path of destruction, violence, rampage, greed and the dance of death. We seem to treat history like a novel and novels like history. We often use a moth as a metaphor for self destruction, but we are blind to our own actions. we have no one to blame but ourselves and our ignorance.

My grade 10 history teacher had a large sign at the front of the class that read "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." It was a double-entendre with the obvious meaning but also the implied meaning that "If you dont learn your history in this class, you will be taking it over next year"

He was a very clever man, and funny. I learned a lot in his class because he made the material interesting. Of course events of the past have a direct bearing on our situation today. It has been proven time and again.

Through history we can learn from our mistakes and make it as lesson to not make it again in our present. History is repeating itself because we are intertwined in this world and to other individuals that we tend to create domino effects that creates series of cause and effect relationships. It is just a matter of our decisions on how to handle our choices that creates a big impact in our lives. We just have to look back from our past and reflect on it in order to not make the same mistake twice.

Back