The Education Chat Network

Here you can discuss teaching, tutoring and all things educational.
Teaching? You can access lessons and resources made by teachers for teachers, provide tutoring services or classes online.
Studying? You can find an expert tutor to boost your grade, ask questions in the forum, attend online classes and much more.

Ages 4-11 [Primary] Health Education In the Schools

shandrum

EdChat™ Nomad
Nov 6, 2014
I was wondering if Health Education is taught separately in schools K-5 or is it taught in conjunction with Physical Education classes in your school district?

toradrake

EdChat™ Nomad
Nov 4, 2014
I'm not sure. That is a very good question. I don't think they teach Health Ed in the K-5 grade. I don't think that they teach Health Ed until 6th to 12th and it is part of the Phys Ed. here. I should look into that.

Pink Glitter

EdChat™ Nomad
Oct 6, 2013
USA
Health education is lacking in the lower grades here. Most students do not receive any form of health education other than physical education classes once a week. Once students enter the 7th grade they are introduced to health education. This is sad because young student should be learning how to keep their body's health from an early age.

briannagodess

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 18, 2016
In our country, Grades 1-10 will have a separate subject for Health Education. While high school students will have a combined Physical Education and Health Education subject. I think during high school, students need a more comprehensive Health Education class just because they're more prone to have curiosities and queries about their bodies and their health.