Focusing on one part

Discussion in 'Public Resources' started by Rockpen23, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Rockpen23

Rockpen23 EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    One of the important thing is focus it's relevant to choose one thing you are going to constantly be improving. As we are getting the experience and so the more we teach the better we get rates so that very first year we cannot expect to just jump right in and be able to do it all and everything's going to absolutely be perfect yes you should try to do the very best in each of the subject areas.

However I want to focus on one area that we want to really kind of put a lot of your attention on for that year so that the next year you can focus on a different subject area and you can improve yourself in that one if you tried to say that what I'm going to get better in math and reading and small groups in all of these

Meshack likes this.
  2. jannah

jannah EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Instead of having lots of small goals that are mostly meaningless, go for the big goals. Try knocking off one every few months or even one a year if you have to. My current goal is to pivot my career in a new direction. Then straight after that, I’m going to knock off some big speeches to up my public speaking game. Other than those two items, that’s about it.

3. Klint

Klint EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I agree. We should dedicate an ample amount of time in a single subject and learn to master it so that we can have an area of expertise. Rather than spreading yourself out on multiple subjects, try to focus on one so that you will not be drained easily. This is actually efficient.

4. Corzhens

Corzhens EdChat™ M.Ed

EdChat Karma:
    If you mean focusing on one part is giving it your concentration then I guess you have to be a high school teacher where you can be assigned to one subject. In grade school a teacher handles all the subjects and I have to agree that there is no focus because of the variety of lessons. It is better to be a high school teacher for you can master the lessons in a year or two.

5. cDada

cDada EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    We now have so much information to store in our mind that we end up forgetting most things whether we want to admit that or not. Focusing on one thing frees up space in your mind to store all the knowledge associated with your one goal.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1552309287][/DOUBLEPOST]I tell everybody to spend a bit of time every day doing some deep thinking. When you have too many goals, these sessions are wasted. By having one big goal, I’ve been able to use my deep thinking time to really reflect on what it’s going to take to achieve my goal.

6. Jelineex

Jelineex EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    It is more realistic to focus on one aim. It is more effective. It's a bit difficult to achieve a desire or goal without having a priority. Especially in the field of teaching. You must set aim and direction. To have a smooth discussion. It will also avoid confusion to a child. We need to earn the trust of a child and give them comfort while learning. As an adult we must be of good guidance.

7. houd

houd EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    It's actually better to go one step at a time , that way you will be able to achieve your goals faster .I tried to forcus on many stuff once when i was younger and guess what,my life turned to a huge mess and i didn't achieve anything , then started to reduce my goals.

Nowadays i set only one goal at a time when i achieve it i swing to another , i found this much more effective all you need is to not rush yourself to many goals thinking that you will achieve better because this is one huge mistake that's going to cost you a lot of time and failiure !

8. newlife

newlife EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    For new teachers , it is ideal that they be assigned to teach one subject so that they can concentrate on mastering the topic and experimenting on strategies . It will also lessen the level of frustrations in their early years of teaching . As they become more experienced and confident , they can be assigned to teach other subjects.

9. Meshack

Meshack EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I have always liked setting small goals that gear into the one big image. It is just like the school syllabus which is divided into termly activities, then weekly, daily and lastly per lesson. That is how my goals go.

We believe a good thing should be shared