The Education Chat Network

Here you can discuss teaching, tutoring and all things educational.
Teaching? You can access lessons and resources made by teachers for teachers, provide tutoring services or classes online.
Studying? You can find an expert tutor to boost your grade, ask questions in the forum, attend online classes and much more.

Fish photograph

Clazzi

EdChat™ Nomad
Aug 15, 2012
Hey all! This is a photo I shot of some beautiful koi fish with my Canon t2i. It's slightly blurry, but I feel that this made the fish look more water-y, haha. Let me know what you all think of it and thanks for viewing! :)

Jessi

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 9, 2012
I love koi! Where did you take this picture? Do you have a fish pond or were you out somewhere?

etc

EdChat™ Nomad
Aug 13, 2012
I use to have koi in my pond but when I saw some of my cichlids preying them and other fishes I then move the kois to an aquarium. Kois are sophisticated, they are harmless and some japanese find them very holy. Nice photo!

Pocs

EdChat™ Esquire
Aug 12, 2012
The fish are gorgeous. I like the blurry element. Not only does it make it look really watery as you said. It also shows movement. It makes you believe the fish are moving. Good job. I agree Koi are wonderful fish. Several years back we had a pond with several Koi, watching them was breath taking.

Clazzi

EdChat™ Nomad
Aug 15, 2012
Oh wow! It's great to know of people that have or have had koi fish. They're so beautiful; I can't wait to have some of my own. I shot this photograph at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago, at the pond by the bottom of the winding staircase. You can actually look down the staircase and see it (I posted a view of the staircase in another thread here - If you take a look at it, you'll see that the staircase looks like a fish).

Museum Architecture Photograph | Carpe Diem.iM™ Fora

novasparker

EdChat™ Esquire
Wow...love this one too. I have a koi pond and there is nothing more relxing to me than to go outside in the evenings and watch them during their evening feeding. They are so beautiful and elegant...even when they are being total pigs during feeding...I love this photograph as it captures the very essence of the beauty in their colors and movement.

ohiotom76

EdChat™ Nomad
Aug 13, 2012
I love blur in photographs such as these, especially with such colorful subject matter. It has a painterly effect when used intentionally and consciously - not all blur is an accident. Keep exploring this, it's a great idea and I think you're on to something.

Clazzi

EdChat™ Nomad
Aug 15, 2012
Much thanks for the comments, novasparker and ohiotom76! I agree with the "not all blur is an accident" thought. The great thing about art is that there isn't a single thing that is always bad or forbidden, I would think.

MTodd1992

EdChat™ Nomad
May 31, 2013
Ooh pretty! I love taking photos of my fish (I have had several different species of tropical freshwater fish) but I am using a phone camera (which is surprisingly good! lol) and I don't have much experience with photography, so it isn't very good... I did get one good shot of my bettas though (I will upload a file) when I was moving them into a new tank. It was a divided tank, and one of the sections had the filter blowing so I didn't want to float my fish in that section of the tank during acclimation because I was afraid the filter would tip the cups over. So, I had one free betta in a section and a betta in a cup in that same section, and they flared, and I got some fun photos.

Attachments

MTodd1992

EdChat™ Nomad
May 31, 2013
Actually, looking back on that, they were in the filter section lol. Now I can't remember why I floated the fish in that section, I know I had a reason at the time 0.o Anyway! I love fish haha.

Phailadin

EdChat™ Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Those Koi are absolutely gorgeous! I love the orange and black one especially. I always wanted to buy some for myself, but feared them dying quickly due to short life spans :(.

missbookworm

EdChat™ Nomad
Nov 23, 2015
It's blurry because the fishes are in motion, but nevertheless, I like it. Thanks for sharing. Those koi are lovely.

SirJoe

EdChat™ Esquire
Nov 22, 2015
Nice picture, the reason it's blurry is because of the low lighting, if you could increase the lighting it wouldn't be as blurry. Nice fish by the way, I really like koi.