Falling out of love

Discussion in 'Health and Relationships' started by angelicagapit, Mar 12, 2014.

1. jessie271

jessie271 EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    I think the real problem is not really "falling out of love" but it's the person. It is the person's character that is the real problem. Love is a "commitment". You don't love a person when you feel like it and when you don't, you just quit. That's not how it's supposed to be. If both of you are matured enough and know what is right, you can have a lasting relationship because you know how to handle things in your relationship. Nobody is perfect and no relationship is perfect. You just have to know how to settle problems when they come. Quitting is not a solution to a problem. Relationship is to be "built" , not to be "destroyed".

2. Timothy John Obsena

Timothy John Obsena EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    I don't think that what most people call "love" is actually what was intended when the word was thought up. It's very much overused. Falling out of love would imply that it is only an emotion or a feeling. Emotions and feelings change, I don't think love does. It's much like the relationships between parents and children or siblings. No matter what happens, no matter how pissed off or annoyed you get you still care to some extent. I would say love isn't present in most relationships. Affection and attraction yes, but not love.

3. Gherald Nepomuceno

Gherald Nepomuceno EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    Falling inlove is so amazing because you will always remember that person everytime and everyday

4. bravosi

bravosi EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Indeed, love is a commitment, and a duty. That's why nowadays there are more divorces than marriages. Our people have grown to be lazy and self obsessed. But what they don't understand that if you give your best to the partner, he will do the same (if you picked the right one), and then the joy will be tremendous.

5. Tehilah27

Tehilah27 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    People today believe in getting what they want when they want it so when they feel a little dissatisfaction in their relationship, they look elsewhere instead of working on the relationship they already have. Like you said, relationships are about commitment and commitment says you're in it no matter what.

6. Klint

Klint EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I was in a relationship once and it made me sad when I realized that I have fallen out of love for the girl. Rather than prolonging my agony and hurting her later when we already made a lot of memories, I decided to end our relationship there and told her the truth. I'm not proud of it but I wasn't comfortable anymore with being around with her. I believe that she still played a special part in my life but I guess we were not just meant to be.

7. ART36

ART36 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Yes indeed that is so true. As the book of love says that love is not a feeling , it is a principle wich means that no matter how you feel it is not love if you lied , cheat or give up to the person that you have promise to .

8. silverwords

silverwords EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    I think it is natural to fall out of love especially if you are not really meant for that person. Sometimes we meet people because they will just teach us lessons that we can use to strengthen our future relationship. But even if you are already committed to a person in loving him until the rest of your lives, in marriage for example, you should not think of it as a freshly-cooked rice that when it burns your tongue, you will just going to spit it out. Sometimes things will get boring and you "think" you are already falling out love but the thing is, you are just being used to the feeling and the flow of events in your life. Nothing is wrong with that, but the best thing to do is find ways to spice up your relationship once again.

9. chinita1208

chinita1208 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I think most couple do fall out of love in the long run of their relationship, but they should learn how to restore the warmth in their feelings because marriage is a long time commitment.

10. Vinsanity

Vinsanity EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    They put a distance from their partners because they want time for themselves, they want to take a break or maybe because just tired of drama. If the couple really loved each other, I don't think it is falling out of love since love does not fade and will always be there, they still care for each other.

We are not perfect. We have weaknesses. We need to accept them when we are in a relationship. Some tend to put a distance from their partner because they did not meet their expectations. Some are just you know, tired.

What I think are the ways to prevent a relationship from breaking are deep understanding, patience and maturity.

First is deep understanding because when emotions swallow your partner up, what she only see is her reasoning alone, without considering yours. You need to calm yourself down, be understanding to her points, rants or whatever she has to say. Second, patience. Take a break, it might be unfair for you not arguing with your partner, still, answering back will only make the situation worse. Maturity here is the key. There is no explanation to this since it is a given.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  11. monik

monik EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I think everyone can identify what are the ideal characteristics of the future partner.It is important to realize from the start, even if that might seem a little bit tougher task, that your future partner has the inner qualities and the looks you are looking for.We can fall madly in love with someone, and at first we might not see our partner realistically.If your partner is meeting your higher expectations, there is a possibility to build a future together.

We believe a good thing should be shared