Do You Use Videos To Teach?

Discussion in 'Public Resources' started by Jeane, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Ronwald

Ronwald EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Full-length videos and video clips can be a very effective means of teaching. However, it is important to consider ahead of time what will the students learn from the videos. You will also need to plan out how you will help the students learn, and how you will know whether they have done so.

2. Nora1

Nora1 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Videos appeal to the students' visual sense and it's a very great medium to use when teaching since it enhances the students' ability to focus and actually comprehend the lesson at hand. Even at home, I let my kids watch educational stuff on TV. Not only are they enjoying it, but they seem to also gain a lot of valuable information there. I'm quite proud of them really.

3. Erika1358

Erika1358 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Sometimes, I use videos to teach when I can find them on YouTube or some other free video site. I think videos can easily catch students' attention and enable them to listen, instead of some teacher rambling off for a 1 hour straight lecture. Let's face it, movies and videos always spark our interest for reasons we really can't explain. I think this applies to learning materials too.

4. Caguioa747

Caguioa747 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Videos as a guide for teaching is a good way for a student to better understand what the teacher wants to express or teach. with the technology today a video in the class while teaching is a must have.

5. dullian

dullian EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Once I took a course where the teacher showed us videos and then he'd comment and expand on the contents. It was an appropriate teaching method, I think, but it's somewhat worrying that some dishonest teachers might rely entirely on showing videos and not teaching themselves at all.

6. ZEESHAN

ZEESHAN EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    It is one of the most efficient and easiest way to teach students via educational videos. The students do get to see the live demonstrations and various ways on how to do a task in multiple ways. Plus it also helps students to have more ideas and ask questions regarding different scenarios according to the task goals. Educational videos also helps build interest in that particular subject and students might pursue professionally in that line of field.

7. starpal

starpal EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    At times lectures seem very boring and most students hate lectures. But if we use technology like classroom presentation tools including videos, the teaching becomes more lively and you can expect better results from your students. So I use videos for teaching, practically in all my classes.

8. newlife

newlife EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Students nowadays are visual learners and they learned more if they see graphics and videos . Teachers need to develop the skills of searching or making quality videos which will addressed the needs of this type of learners . Aside from just showing graphics and videos , it is important for a teacher to know how to process the ideas learned from the materials through asking questions or giving follow - up activities .

9. cDada

cDada EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    Using videos in the classroom is a very good idea. Not only does this provide a teacher with a wide range of extraordinary benefits but it's a fun experiment for kids as well and they will certainly appreciate the entire experience to begin with. It's all about having the right approach and attention to detail here something that every teacher should focus on if he/she wants to deliver the best results.

10. Sneska

Sneska EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I use videos in teaching process all the time because I've noticed that the students respond to them better. They find them more interesting and make it easier for them to focus and understand. Many of these videos I make myself, and some even include my students as actors. I think it is very important to try and implement new, modern techniques in the teaching process.

11. Grace Terrado

Grace Terrado EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I believe using videos in teaching is a good way too. I remember during my college days my professor use videos like in our subject Artificial Intelligence, my professor let us watch the movie IROBOT, and I learned so much about that movie, AI is there in the movie so we really relate.

12. pamz bembi

pamz bembi EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    when I was teaching my apprentice on how to use the software we have created a video in which he can personally see the proper step by step on doing the procedure, the pros on this type of teaching is that you can follow on the actual step rather than reading it in manuals. you can also press the stop button and replay up to the part that you didn't understand to be able to catch up and watch again. this is really a good way to teach a person. also you can teach a lot of person at the same time without even having stopped by the students one at a time.

We believe a good thing should be shared