Do You Use Videos To Teach?

Discussion in 'Public Resources' started by Jeane, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Jeane

Jeane EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    Technology must be fully embraced by all educators.

Look around the internet and you'll notice that though people previously predominantly visited websites, forums and blogs to obtain information they sought, many prefer these days to find what they are looking for on video sharing sites like youtube.

As the medium of consumption of information changes, we too must adapt.

This is why teachers must learn how to make and edit videos so that they can practically demonstrate procedures which they would otherwise not be able to, in class.There also the fact that many of these resources are already on the internet, so there is no reason why they shouldn't be used by teachers so even if one doesn't know how to make or edit videos they can be downloaded and used.

2. Millyn

Millyn EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    If it could be helpful and make learning more effective and efficient then i usually use videos. Especially among kids, it is also a way of catching their attention and focus more on the topic.

3. Meshack Bwoyele Keya

Meshack Bwoyele Keya EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Children learn better when they see and touch. Videos are a good teaching tool. It is good to teach using videos. I have not used them though.

4. rose61

rose61 EdChat™ B.Ed 2.1

EdChat Karma:
    Teachers should prepare well before presenting themselves before learners to teach.It is during preparation that a teacher should choose the best approach and teaching aids.Some lessons,especially demonstration lessons,are best taught using videos.I once taught a lesson on negotiating a roundabout and realised that the best way to go about it was by use of video.Teachers should embrace technology.

5. Corzhens

Corzhens EdChat™ M.Ed

EdChat Karma:
    In this age of digital technology I guess it is a great opportunity for the teaching industry to be creative in using technology. The video is one great visual aid. In the olden days there were only pictures that the teacher would paste on the blackboard to emphasize the lesson. But now they can afford to download videos from the internet or even make their own videos of what they are talking about. I’m sure the students will appreciate the videos that the teacher presents. The only requirement is a big monitor.

6. Jelineex

Jelineex EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Using video's would be of great help to improve ways of teaching. This will add interest and attraction especially with the young one's. They will love to read and look at it. They are more interactive and eager to participate in the discussion. The learning is done with ease and entertainment. I, think it is always better to adapt and find ways for the betterment of educating a child.

7. Angara

Angara EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Definitely, all teachers should use videos to educate students about practical part of things. Science for example cannot be taught by theory alone and you would need video proofs of how an experiment would work and yield results. Video aided teaching is a must in today's fast paced environment

8. Chang Bringas

Chang Bringas EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    They're a complement to the usual style that the teachers use. I've used them sometimes especially when a video could better explain the topic than I can. But not always, as some of my students find that it's more difficult to keep up with the video's content.

One thing that always works when using videos is requiring the students to submit a paper (or a quiz) asking if they have understood what the video is trying to teach them.

9. Rathiel

Rathiel EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Videos are another resource that teachers should take advantage of in the classroom. It will help keep the students engaged and interested, since they're seeing something that's more exciting than the black and white of text. It's also easier to fit more information in a video than it is to a discussion since some facts can be implied through imagery. They can also dramatize certain scenes, especially when it comes to history videos and the like.

10. tigerlily

tigerlily EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    There are also lots of sites that offers videos that teachers can use to teach their class. You just need to download from their site. Even YouTube has videos that teachers can use. Our Sunday classes greatly benefit from good YouTube videos that we show to kids.

11. Carmela Ruado

Carmela Ruado EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    There are times that I use videos to teach but then some students do not understand what the video I had shown conveys, this is because some students do not understand english very well, especially if the speaking pace is fast. I can frustration on their faces. So, when I do use videos, I check the video first before showing it to class, ensuring that everyone will understand.

12. Jeffrey Jose

Jeffrey Jose EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I use videos in teaching. It helps students understand more and easily the lessons.

13. bravosi

bravosi EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Yes, video tutorial are the best. Because the brain doesn't memorize text, but rather voices and images. It's a superior way of learning if done properly.

14. john lester diolola

john lester diolola EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Somehow its quite good but its better to teach people because you will know what to do with a child in able to teach him a lesson or a subject like learning guitar, learning guitar, it's hard to learn because some chords might so hard for others that have a short finger also for that who want to sing good, singing is not hard if you have a voice but if not you should practice hard every day in order to sing well.

15. theresajane

theresajane EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    There are a lot of visual learners. Teaching with visual aids that really capture the attention of students is very helpful.

16. Michael Burgos

Michael Burgos EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Using videos in teaching is a good addition to your arsenal as a teacher. It will help them learn the lessons better and makes their learning more interesting.

17. monik

monik EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I started for some time to watch Youtube videos in my learning activity.I decided to learn programming languages and searched online for some informative videos.Youtube videos are very helpful to me, as it is way more easier for me to understand quicker the programming courses explained there, than the same programming courses explained on technical blogs.This may not be a one-size-fits approach, but developing programming skills from watching videos has worked well with me.There are many technical Youtube videos which might be useful to lot of people.

18. Carlo28

Carlo28 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Yes i do! Videos are maybe the best medium that you can use in order to speak with the new generation. Kids do have a very good time watching videos online and videos are maybe the perfect medium that you can use for showcasing new knowledge. They also boost communication and entice you to learn new stuff. It offers a stellar model for learner output which means that learners can create their own version of the original.

19. Don William Sese

Don William Sese EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Yes, I use videos to teach my students since I find it very effective for the students. Visual learning for me is the best learning method for my students and I always find good videos about the topic for my students. One reason why I like videos because I don’t have to go through the level of abstraction of writing. The teacher can explain, moving their hands, pointing to images. A good video can keep you engaged in ways that books can’t—for one thing, most books don’t have moving images on the page. Plus you can pause videos if you get confused.

20. Klint

Klint EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    It's a brilliant idea to use videos for teaching. Not only are we utilizing the advancements in technology, but we are also maximizing the student's capacity in learning that adheres to their visual sense. Teachers in our country constantly use videos when teaching and students seem to enjoy their classes better.

We believe a good thing should be shared