The Education Chat Network

Here you can discuss teaching, tutoring and all things educational.
Teaching? You can access lessons and resources made by teachers for teachers, provide tutoring services or classes online.
Studying? You can find an expert tutor to boost your grade, ask questions in the forum, attend online classes and much more.

All Ages Do you like to learn the history of your country or history of other countries too?

Diane Borg

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 8, 2019
I mostly like to learn more about the history of my country, but I also like to learn about other countries history too :).

Caguioa747

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 10, 2018
I would like to learn about the history of my country first. Then If i already have enough knowledge of the background of my country then I am interested in studying other countries history especially Egypt because of their mommys and the secret tombs.

Reactions: Diane Borg

NewbieGainers

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 10, 2019
Cubao, Quezon City, PH
History is a mandatory subject for us here in the Philippines but when you grow up you'll realize a lot of the information were doctored when you do a reasearch study. I love learning new things not just history, but when I stumbled upon the history of Korea, I was amazed how they preserve it and make it unbiased as much as possible. Learn the history of korea you'll love it!

ElectorAlexander

EdChat™ Esquire
Jan 9, 2019
I like to learn the history of my country most especially because it is my root then I move on to those countries that are related to my country till its expansion. It's will be an insult if a historian doesn't know the history of his homeland and master the history of other countries, as they as it, that charity begins at home. I therefore prefer my history more than any other history but I love world history all together.

Tehilah27

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 17, 2018
Nige
I'm not much of a history buff but I love to read novels of different genres. From the novels I've read, I've learnt a lot about histories of different countries (my country inclusive). Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Adichie talks about the civil war in my country and other novels cover different eras in my country's history.

Matt Wong

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 27, 2018
I'm interested in all aspects of history, but I know the most about that of my own country. It's necessary to have a clear understanding of my homeland's past.

ElectorAlexander

EdChat™ Esquire
Jan 9, 2019
Yeah homeland past is a great thing to know because it is where you are from and you have felt the present and will want to know why the present is the way it is.

Currently in my country, I noticed a kind a hatred towards my ethnic group by other groups in the country, after looking into the past I noticed that my ethnic group once fought a war for an independent country and lost so it made others see them as stupid and refuse to give us political power so we don't try something stupid.

I would not have known that if I haven't gone through the past archive of my country.

mcnasci24

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 18, 2018
Yeah homeland past is a great thing to know because it is where you are from and you have felt the present and will want to know why the present is the way it is.

Currently in my country, I noticed a kind a hatred towards my ethnic group by other groups in the country, after looking into the past I noticed that my ethnic group once fought a war for an independent country and lost so it made others see them as stupid and refuse to give us political power so we don't try something stupid.

I would not have known that if I haven't gone through the past archive of my country.
History is the science whose object of study is the past of human societies. It's considered to be one of the most important humanistic sciences. It taught human beings to know the cultural heritage of different civilizations, but also to build each one's own identity. By searching and understanding information from the past, it's easier for you to develop your own idiosyncrasies.

ElectorAlexander

EdChat™ Esquire
Jan 9, 2019
Yeah that true and a real fact about history, its a great pleasure to have historian in a group like this, I use to be the only one studying history in my highschool and I don't know why other hate the subject so much.

balatbathazel

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 18, 2019
I like to learn both the history of my own Country and the History of the other Country. I strongly believe that each Country have a relationship, that's why it's a good thing to learn both my own Country's History and other Country.

NikSuks

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 17, 2018
I would really love to learn a little bit more about the history of the whole world. I would like to know a lot of things about old cultures because things they had and did were fascinating, even by our modern standards. Learning is a great thing and knowledge is power!

Carmela Ruado

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 31, 2018
Yes. I like to learn the history of my country since I am living there, it is necessary to know it. And by that I'll be able to pass the knowledge I've gained to the next generations. I'm much interested too to other country's history, more specifically japan but I would not totally study it whole.

Calvin Gold 06

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 18, 2019
I also love history even if today I am in the Philippines, I still long to study the history of my country and its first form of civilization. Sometimes studying thise stuff made me think how lucky I am today. I also want to gain knowledge so that I can pass it to the next Gen. Its just all about passing those things to them.

ElectorAlexander

EdChat™ Esquire
Jan 9, 2019
Yeah, History can be past down from generation to generation by historian like us when we master the events so well especially those of our great nation, you understand that pride of telling your children and grandchildren about how their nation came to existence. History is great.

Erika1358

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 27, 2018
I would only be interested in the history of certain countries. I'm not really a fan of history so I do try to avoid that subject as much as possible. There are a few countries with histories I like though such as Egypt, Greece, Rome and others.

marchenry

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 13, 2019
I love the history of my country because it really gives me an idea of my origin. Having a deeper understanding of where I came from gives me deeper appreciation for my country. The culture, the places and everything that is happening in the present is greatly influenced by everything that happened in the past.

I also love history of other countries because I am just curious and I really love learning. Some countries have very interesting culture and arts in their history. For example the romans and greeks. Every history of every country definitely have a unique learnings to offer. The lessons they provide might be really useful in our lives.

mhingnhormz

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 12, 2018
Do you like to learn the history of your country or history of other countries too: I love to recall any kind of history, I love reading history books for me is also like your traveling back to the past years and imagining that you are there by tgose happenings. You can also learned different kind of culture before by reading history and remind you how important history is.

Anna Liza Galang

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 12, 2019
We studied the history of our country and also the other Southeast Asia countries. It is very interesting to learn their cultures and way of life during a long time ago. I also learned the progress in economy of my country and other country in Asia.

Michael Burgos

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 19, 2018
Honestly, I become more interested in the history of other countries because of their movies that portray their history. History subject is kind of boring because of the method the teachers are using to teach the subject. However, after some development of technology, the country produces TV programs and movies that portray the countries' history in a more exciting and interesting way.

Dekaron

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 19, 2019
Although the history of my country is filled with interesting events. I would also love to know more about the culture and history of other countries, specially China. China and Chinese movies about their great dynasties have always fascinated me. With all the battles, wars and challenges this country have gone thru in order to become a super power country that they've become now.

I also love to learn more about Japanese history