Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

All Ages Do You Believe That PE Is Necessary For Schools?

It does not mean that when a school activity doesn't include analyzing or memorizing, it's not at all important. For children, PE supports the development of their motor skills. It can also serve as a catharsis especially when the other subjects are becoming stressful.

I think PE is still an important part of any school's curriculum. I may not be the most athletic or sportiest person out there, but I understand that schools want our learning to be holistic. It needs to be as a whole and without PE, we just cannot learn holistically. We cannot grow as a person if we cannot be well-rounded. Yes, we might be excelling in other subjects but if we cannot at least try some PE subjects, we won't be learning some skills in the athletics department. We don't even have to be experts in the subject, we just need to try it and understand the basic principles of it.

I think it's even more essential then when I was a child. There are kids now days that don't do any exercise what so ever outside of school. Children have become more and more sedentary, so it's up to the schools to guarantee that they at least get some exercise during the week.

PE to me is still important for students especially the current students. With all the machines and technologies around the students rarely do any physical activities nowadays. Well, regardless of that, PE is still important as they teach the basics of fitness and health to students.

Do you believe that PE should be a required class for schools across the country?
Yes, one million, trillion times, yes.

I recently did research how how sitting for too long frankly puts you in an early grave. A sedentary lifestyle is so, so detrimental, especially to young, growing bodies.
People need to get up and move in order to stay fully productive and responsive. Plus, PE is a great time to learn how to be competitive, gain sportsmanship,
and build socialization skills. PE introduces healthy habits.

Globally, I feel gym and recess should be taken more seriously.

Yes I do believe it, many children are not getting their daily exercise and PE class can really help with it I think. Of course it means proper equipment and enough pace too, but I am all for daily PE classes.

Yes I do believe it, many children are not getting their daily exercise and PE class can really help with it I think. Of course it means proper equipment and enough pace too, but I am all for daily PE classes.
That is sometimes the problem some schools don't have the proper equipment and just have to make do with what they have. I do agree I think it's fundamental for the healthy development of a child.

It's definitely important, I loved P.E., it was the time of the day when I could get a break from school and just play with friends. I don't think it should ever go away because it's also good to make sure students are getting a good amount of exercise, and it is also a time when things about your body could be taught.

I would incorporate teachings during this time of day with great activities.

Physical education classes in schools are important as far as I'm concerned and even though there seems to be more people calling for PE to be discontinued as a core subject, I think that will have a negative impact on the children. Not only does physical education classes keep the children active, but I also think that it's the only class that can teach a child about being competitive and that's something that I think is often overlooked and people don't think it's as important as what it actually is.

Back