Cry me a river

Discussion in 'Health and Relationships' started by Nikkishea21, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Nikkishea21
    Cheerful

Nikkishea21 EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    Crying may be therapeutic when someone is in a depressed state. At the end of relationships persons tend to cry when they are without the person that they shared just so much with, your mate is gone and you feel alone and lost and all hope seem gone. You open your mouth and close your eyes really tight but the tears just wont come.

You remember the words of your friend, "go home and cry, you will feel better". You want to, but you just cannot seem to muster up the tears to do so. The memory of catching him with someone else is too fresh in your mind and you are not sad to see him go, you are happy...you do not cry.

Have you ever ended a relationship and felt relieved, no crying?

2. missbookworm

missbookworm EdChat™ M.Ed

EdChat Karma:
    I am a pretty sensitive person, and I do cry a lot. If my relationship with a person has already ended, I would definitely cry my heart out, but that's totally fine with me since I think crying is a part of the recovery or moving on process.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi EdChat™ M.Ed

EdChat Karma:
    I'm the exact opposite and I can't even remember when I last cried if I'm being honest.

I do feel emotion of course, I just prefer to keep it inside as I've always been brought up to not show emotions as other people may then use that against you.

Jason76 likes this.
  4. AngelaMc

AngelaMc EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    This has happened to me before with an ex boyfriend, we dated for quite sometime but somehow we grew apart. He wanted to breakup and needless to say, I never shed a tear either Nikkishea21. I think these reactions are normal due to the fact somehow we may subconsciously know things are going to be alright.:)

5. Decentlady

Decentlady EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I cry pretty much most times. Even while listening to other people's problem. I guess I feel what they do.

I don't mind crying and to me it has nothing to do with being a sign of weakness or crybaby.

Despite that most happenings touch my heart I still use my head to make concrete decisions and move in life.

6. Jason76

Jason76 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Crying, especially for men, is generally a bad idea in public. Anyhow, it's not really that I'm a big fan of cultural conservatism, but as pwarbi suggested, crying can be used against you, on top of looking ridiculous. However, what people do in private is their business and possibly both genders cry quite a bit - in private. Is the private stuff therapeutic? Probably most of the time.

7. Tehilah27

Tehilah27 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Yes, l have felt relieved when a relationship ended. I knew the relationship was going nowhere but I felt bad because he kept saying he loved me and we'd been through a lot together so l was finding it difficult to break it off with him. Luckily for me, he was transferred to another state for his job and he told me it would be difficult for us to continue a long distance relationship. I had to pretend to be hurt of course but l was laughing inside! Two months later, he called to ask that we be together again. Hahaha I told him it was impossible, he had hurt me horribly and l couldn't bear to be that hurt again. Lucky escape.

8. jessie271

jessie271 EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    When you really hurt so much, you just couldn't help but cry a river. I think it helps just for awhile to release the pain you have inside but it's just temporary. It cannot really relieve or cure the hurt. The root should be cured. Sometimes, you want to cry but no more tears would come out.

9. Timothy John Obsena

Timothy John Obsena EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    I cry very often. I cry at films, when I'm distressed, when I'm angry. I don't cry in public though unless something major has happened.

10. Millyn
    Adorable

Millyn EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I may have a resting bitch face but i am a crying baby in reality. I tend to cry easily even in simple reasons or even upon seeing someone crying. But that's just my personality and i don't see any problem with it. Crying is even good to lessen the burden of your hearts when you feel words won't be enough to express what you are feeling.

We believe a good thing should be shared