Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

Can storytelling be incorporated in teaching mathematics?

Meshack

Legacy Member
Mathematics used to be my most boring subject during my school days. There were so many formulas to be memorised.

There was pythogoras theorem, multiplication tables, formulas to find area, bodmas and many others. It was quite a boredom to be in a mathematics class. The minutes seemed to drag by.

Not until I became a teacher! Every mathematics formula was taught using games, storytelling, mimes and poetry. Children missed to be in class. The ideas became live and we're easily digested. My learner's passed examinations with flying colors.

Math can be fun!

I think if every subject is made more interesting, students will be more attentive and enjoy learning. Children learn through play. As for for storytelling, mathematics can be incorporated in worksheets like color the pictures by numbers etc. There are many websites that have such worksheets.

I think if every subject is made more interesting, students will be more attentive and enjoy learning. Children learn through play. As for for storytelling, mathematics can be incorporated in worksheets like color the pictures by numbers etc. There are many websites that have such worksheets.
It is a good suggestion here. The more enjoyable the lesson is the easier to understand and learn.

That is what I always say, I see it from my own sons, when they started to learn multiplication, I found a good online game for mathematics and they were learning and playing without even getting bored :).

Back