Brain food to eat during the review for an exam

Discussion in 'Public Resources' started by Corzhens, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Faith Salon

Faith Salon EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I remember everyday in high school my snacks is bread with peanut butter spread.

2. bravosi

bravosi EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I heard peanuts is very useful. I'd drink coffee every morning and greek peanuts, very healthy and energizing. Also snickers was good.

3. Alania

Alania EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Our teacher would allow us to drink and eat during the exam itself, as it helps to focus some students. Myself, when I was being a tutor and a teacher I used to allow it as well. Students should enjoy the whole process of learning, as it can be both fun and educative.

4. VanessaIsabelle

VanessaIsabelle EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    I was told by my college professor to eat chocolates and peanuts during studying. They are food for the brains. Another thing that I consumed when studying are biscuits and coffee or energy drinks.

5. Nora1

Nora1 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    It's common knowledge here in our country that eating chocolates and peanuts during reviews are very beneficial. There are many scientists that claim that these snacks enhance your brain's capacity to remember lots of information. I always buy my kids chocolates and peanuts for them to consume during their review days for an exam. Somehow, my kids got acceptable marks on all of their exams.

6. Klint

Klint EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Dark chocolate and peanuts are known to work wonders on your mind especially if you are reviewing for an exam. These snacks were scientifically proven to improve our brains capacity to remember loads of information. I always eat chocolates and peanuts whenever I review and somehow I've gotten commendable results from all of my exams.

7. junrose123

junrose123 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I still remember when I was still studying before that I just prepare a hot milk and a bread with egg on it as my brain food whenever I would be facing for an exam or review because I find it to be very effective. I just see to it that I have a good sleep so that my mind can really think well and be active through out the day. We just need to see to it that we are not hungry and our stomach is not empty because we cannot really focus on what we are doing if we feel hungry because our brain will not function properly.

8. Caguioa747

Caguioa747 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    For me, I dont believe on that because if u want to learn or pass your exam you should study well and dont rely on the belief that there is such a brain food that they call. Study and you will pass the exam as simple as that.

9. Cris John Ced

Cris John Ced EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    When I am still a student, I usually take some sweets rather than nuts. It helps me to absorb what I am reviewing. We could have some different ways to review from our lessons and eating some chocolate bars or candies have some positive outcome for me.

10. Tina Bailey

Tina Bailey EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I love apple slices dipped in peanut butter. Makes my blood sugar balanced and taste yummy. I focus better with something on my belly. Plus gets rid of my anxiety.

11. Anna Liza Galang

Anna Liza Galang EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Our brain uses 20% of all glucose, 35% of all vitamins and minerals, 40% of all water, and a staggering 50% of fats in our body. Food that is good for our brains are the ones that have high amounts of fats, nutrients, water, and carbs. Peanuts are an excellent source of Vitamin E, a potent antioxidant that protects nervous membranes. It helps the brain and nervous system convert glucose to energy. Whole grains provides glucose for energy throughout the day. The fiber present helps regulate the release of glucose.

12. sarahb

sarahb EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    I definitely need to be fueled up before any kind of intensive exams - I like feeling satiated, and not like I'm going to be thinking about food all the time! I think our brains need to be fueled adequately, just like any other kind of vehicle. If you want to perform at your best, you've got to fuel yourself right!

13. Carlo28

Carlo28 EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Eat brain-boosting food. This includes protein-rich foods which can lead to greater mental alertness. Healthy food choices on exam day include eggs, nuts, yogurt, and cottage cheese. Good breakfast combinations might be whole-grain cereal with low-fat milk, eggs and toast with jam, porridge, oatmeal, or sugar-free muesli.

14. junrose123

EdChat Karma:
    I think it is really good if we will eat some fruits before facing some exam or reviews because it can feed our brain with some ideas and knowledge that would be beneficial on our part. Fruits are really a good source of vitamins and minerals that our mind and body needs that is why I see that it would really help us to have an active mind and body.

15. Jelineex

Jelineex EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Well fruits contain nutrients to support the body and mind nutrition. Mostly of us need it to be healthy and free from diseases. It helps us live the life longer and enjoy to the fullest. I think that without proper nourishment no one will ever pass an examination. It's always best to have a meal to be able to overcome the day to day activity. Food, Exercise and Study is a good key to success. ( Ha.Ha.Ha.)

16. newlife

newlife EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Students have different rituals when preparing for or answering an exam and that will include food. Some will say that they can think better if they eat before and some during the exam . Some schools already allowed students to eat finger foods and drink water during exam to keep them alert and less stressed . Whatever the practice that the schools have , it is important that the students will not take an exam while they are hungry. The students should take food that are nutritious and safe to consume.

17. cDada

cDada EdChat™ Nomad

EdChat Karma:
    Eggs are the top food source of choline, a nutrient that few of us get enough of.

Choline is a B complex-related nutrient that is important because it is a precursor of acetylcholine.

And don’t worry about the cholesterol found in eggs.

Your brain needs cholesterol.

Your brain is 60% fat by dry weight and includes 25% of your body’s total cholesterol.

18. Sneska

Sneska EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    It is said that food that resembles shape of a certain organ is good for it, therefore walnut should be good for your brain. When it comes to peanuts they do give you energy but I doubt they affect concentration. Chocolate on other hand is excellent for concentration and especially helpful when it comes to mathematics. I remember being told this when I was a student, and I still tell this to my students before every test.

19. Jelineex

Jelineex EdChat™ Esquire

EdChat Karma:
    Taking seriousness on school activity is a good advantage to pass. However, our nutrition plays a great factor to survive not only on our study but to our daily activity. It is always better to never neglect eating nutritious food. It is a big help to make a brain function at it's best. The mind cannot concentrate when our tummy is hungry. So, feed the tummy to nourish the mind. Take time to study to pass. ( Ha.Ha.Ha)

20. junrose123

EdChat Karma:
    I think that having some grains or cereal breakfast in the morning before taking an examination is vital and very helpful for us to pass since it will nourish our brain with some information that we really need. I had been doing this kind of routine almost everyday and I see a big result and difference compare when just eating the regular or normal food that we have in the table.

We believe a good thing should be shared