The Education Chat Network

Here you can discuss teaching, tutoring and all things educational.
Teaching? You can access lessons and resources made by teachers for teachers, provide tutoring services or classes online.
Studying? You can find an expert tutor to boost your grade, ask questions in the forum, attend online classes and much more.

Art journalling

cefmac

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 30, 2013
Does anyone here keep an art journal? It's something that I've only just started getting into, but so far I'm enjoying it. For those of you who don't know, art journalling combines art and illustration with text containing your own thoughts. It can be about anything, ranging from what you did that day to places you want to travel to. Really, nothing is off-limits - as long as it's got both visual elements and text, then it's an art journal. Here's a page from mine that I did the other day:

a31.media.tumblr.com_7982706936deed807c20c45f2ba8b172_tumblr_myj9ekGfIS1qd6fm5o1_500.jpg

Does anyone else keep an art journal?

pandandesign

EdChat™ Esquire
Oct 29, 2013
I used to keep an art journal when I was in middle school. I remember I would draw while I went to different places because I didn't have a camera with me. That was the only way I could record the scenes on my art journal. I don't do that anymore because it requires to use special drawing pens and inks to get the piece of art on the journal.

hello93

EdChat™ Nomad
Nov 23, 2015
When thinking about art journaling I always get back to Keri Smith books, I can only recommend them and every age can find the perfect adventure book from her. I like to give her books as a present to younger relatives because I give them the joy of journaling but a little bit more specific ways.

I have "Wreck this Journal" and "This is not book" from here, but there are several more.
awww.thisisnotabook.org_not_book_cover_sm.jpg

missbookworm

EdChat™ Nomad
Nov 23, 2015
No. I have never tried art journaling before. Honestly, I am not really good in art. I don't know how to draw, paint, etc., but I can appreciate art. It's just that I haven't been gifted with that kind of talent. Anyway, I think art journaling is a pretty good hobby. Plus, you are able to build your own work portfolio which you could use in the future.

SirJoe

EdChat™ Esquire
Nov 22, 2015
When I younger I used to do this all the time. I haven't kept a journsl for some time so I stopped doing it. Mine were obviously more masculine but I tried to make them look unique