The Education Chat Network

Here you can discuss teaching, tutoring and all things educational.
Teaching? You can access lessons and resources made by teachers for teachers, provide tutoring services or classes online.
Studying? You can find an expert tutor to boost your grade, ask questions in the forum, attend online classes and much more.

All Ages Are we there yet?

• Thread starter Esuna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Esuna

How far can technology go? Did we really go to the moon? Are there real satellites? what does a real star look like? Why should we resort to CGI imagery if we can shoot the real thing using our iPhones? Have we explored the entire ocean and how deep did we go? Why can't we solve famine? Why are there so many animals dying these days? Has technology reached the entire world? Did someones cross Antarctica? Do we really have spaceships roving around the galaxies and who took the photos? Does gravity exists or it's just density. I'm just wondering if there's a real cure for cancer. Are we so proud of how far we've gone with our intelligence? How come there are still conflicts between nations. Why is a man so good at inventing weapons of mass destruction? Are we creating something that's beginning to be useless to mankind? Do you know something about the great deception? I noticed that the more questions I ask, the less intelligent we're likely to be. Endless questions with guessing answers. So, Are we there yet?

NikSuks

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 17, 2018
When you say "Are we there yet?" do you mean are we there, at the World's end? At the end of humanity? I think that those pictures from space, all those weapons are not necessary for humans. But the ego of a human being is boosted when they invent something. They think they are the most intelligent fella out there. Humans want to be remembered among other humans. People seek power, so that is why weapons are created. They are the tools for mass destruction but also, at the same time, weapons are tools for control and power. Someone obviously has a benefit from all those wars and all those conflicts but we just do not know who that person or creature is.

WallEPug

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 18, 2018
All those questions are answerable through science, to be honest. The strides that we've made in the past century in terms of technology is astounding. All of human life isn't destined to end at any point of time. The phrase, "everything that has a beginning must have an end" is just not true, in this case at least. The Universe had a beginning but it doesn't have an end yet and we cannot be sure of it unless it actually happens. The average life expectancy is an upward curve at the moment so I'd say we haven't reached our peak yet. No nuclear warheads are being produced currently by any countries and it is impossible to be manufactured by small groups like ISIS since the technology and infrastructure needed to make one cannot be obtained and run by fringe groups. There is also "No first use".

Alania

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 19, 2018
I honestly don't know if technology should keep progressing, I think we're there already and we must stop as soon as possible, before the earth will be damaged beyond repair. Humanity currently has everything we need to live normally as humans, but some people aren't satisfied. We the folks must stop the scientists from developing nuclear and biochemical weapons at once. Not all of us have bunkers to hide after sufficient damaged will be done to earth.

kevin

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 27, 2018
We are not there yet but we are awake meaning we will be there soon very soon and that when we are able to space travel or use a black hole, and discover other lives on space that when we will be there but for now we at the preparing stage.

axl2468

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 22, 2018
Your post is kind of confusing and I got no sense out of it. What do you mean "are we there yet"? What's "there"? In what way do we get "there"? Why do we need to get "there"? What's the purpose of this post? Sorry, but your post just sounds like irrational ramblings...

jumar

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 10, 2019
you'll never get to the end, life keeps growing and innovating so is technology. every day things are getting discovered and learned so to answer your question "are we there yet" no, we will never get there,life keeps moving forward and never stops

onegigabyte1gb

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 9, 2019
Not yet but we're getting there. The things I saw on some sci-fi movies on 90's and early 2000, somehow become reality in this current year. I think tech's improving so fast that sometimes it's scary.

Anna Liza Galang

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 12, 2019
In terms of technology, we are not still there but we are on our way. This is the technology era were all will depends on technology. After many years, the technology will large upgrade. Of course it will benefit us but there's always a disadvantage on everything.

NewbieGainers

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 10, 2019
Cubao, Quezon City, PH
I recommend you watch "Black Mirror" on Netflix. This show gives a futuristic approach to technology and the BAD SIDE of it. Any advancement on technology gives us the feeling of shock because there is endless possibility as long as we can think. I remember Arnold Schwarzenegger saying that as long as we can think, anything is possible. Ideas really are the deciding factor to the advancement of technology. What you are feeling is something deep. there's nothing wrong with thinking deep, it's just that why should you? For me, don't be a consumer of all these things. Be the creator and contribute rather than feeling it revolve around you. That way, you can see that the world is slowing down on you and you feel the satisfaction of being a part of it.

Jeedae

EdChat™ Nomad
Jan 11, 2019
Are we really there yet? Remember the saying that Change is the only constant thing and as long as the say remains valid then I would say we aren't there yet.

foxprojects

EdChat™ Nomad
Dec 18, 2018
How far can technology go? Did we really go to the moon? Are there real satellites? what does a real star look like? Why should we resort to CGI imagery if we can shoot the real thing using our iPhones? Have we explored the entire ocean and how deep did we go? Why can't we solve famine? Why are there so many animals dying these days? Has technology reached the entire world? Did someones cross Antarctica? Do we really have spaceships roving around the galaxies and who took the photos? Does gravity exists or it's just density. I'm just wondering if there's a real cure for cancer. Are we so proud of how far we've gone with our intelligence? How come there are still conflicts between nations. Why is a man so good at inventing weapons of mass destruction? Are we creating something that's beginning to be useless to mankind? Do you know something about the great deception? I noticed that the more questions I ask, the less intelligent we're likely to be. Endless questions with guessing answers. So, Are we there yet?
That one should be easy:

"Did we really go to the moon?" - Yes
"Are there real satellites?"- Yes
"what does a real star look like?" - There's plenty of pictures on Google. Go look at them.
"Why should we resort to CGI imagery if we can shoot the real thing using our iPhones?" - Shoot what, though? Stars? The photos of them you take with an iPhone aren't going to look good enough for a movie or other artistic production.
"Have we explored the entire ocean and how deep did we go?" - No. But we sent probes to the bottom, I think.
"Why can't we solve famine?" - Don't know
"Why are there so many animals dying these days?" - Where? Animals die all the time for various reasons.
"Has technology reached the entire world?" - Yes.
"Did someones cross Antarctica?" - Yes
"Do we really have spaceships roving around the galaxies and who took the photos?" - Yes
"Does gravity exists or it's just density." - It exists
"I'm just wondering if there's a real cure for cancer." - There's highly effective treatments for some cancers in early stages. There is no and won't be any "magical cure all" that can cure all cancers, since different treatments will be needed based on the type and stage.
"How come there are still conflicts between nations." - There will always be conflicts between groups of people.
"Why is a man so good at inventing weapons of mass destruction?" - No idea. Ask that man.
"Are we creating something that's beginning to be useless to mankind?" - Uhh... w0t?
"Do you know something about the great deception?" - No. Go ahead and tell me.

Zeus20

EdChat™ Nomad
May 7, 2020
Yes, we really came to the moon, satellites are really there. NASA is real guys, don't believe on those hoax articles that is scattered around the internet. One of the proofs that satellites really exist is that we predict typhoons, storms, and we predict our daily weather. So don't question those scientist because we must be thankful for what they have done. The only thing that I don't believe is the aliens, because for me it is just made by the people who has a creative mindset.