Welcome to Atomic Academia

ⓘ The Age of Data

A slow afternoon in Shkodra, Albania

donaldplozha

Legacy Member
Hope you enjoy it, as this is what I consider to be one of my top 5 works :)

Attachments

• IMG_7013_DxO.jpg
    14.5 MB · Views: 80
wow...once again, Donald...incredible work. This shot is amazing. You have a true innate talent and an eye for how things translate from real life to print. I love looking at your work. Thanks for posting and keep them coming.

I absolutely adore looking at your pictures. They capture the very beauty of the world that we live in...something that most of us are either too busy or don't care enough to enjoy in person. You are an incredible artist and I love your perspective on things. THanks for sharing.

I noticed that the sign in the background appears to have English as well as Albanian lettering...is this common in Albania? Are signs often presented in multiple languages? If so, I would think that this would make ALbania very tourist friendly. And...what is the white almost snow like substance that looks like it is peppering the entire scene? Is this something that is cming from the trees or an artifact that you introduced?

That, the sign saying "Wien", is actually the advertising of a restaurant nearby. But I can tell you that people are very used to giving their restaurants, shops and other kinds of businesses, foreign names. You can hardly see any albanian title in Albania.

The white thing that looks like snow are the pieces of a special flower that get taken away from the strong winds of springending and summerstart.

How cool is that? It looks like its snowing in summer. Those flowers are absolutely gorgeous and I can only imagine what it would be like to see it in person.

Very well-done piece of work. So what technique did you use to get that effect? I mean the part where the falling flowers looked like falling snow. Is it the settings you made at the time you took the picture or is it the way you enhanced the picture afterwards? I like the way you put your name on the pillar. For a moment, I thought it was actually part of the scenery.

Very well-done piece of work. So what technique did you use to get that effect? I mean the part where the falling flowers looked like falling snow. Is it the settings you made at the time you took the picture or is it the way you enhanced the picture afterwards? I like the way you put your name on the pillar. For a moment, I thought it was actually part of the scenery.

The effect of snowlike white stuff falling is original and that effect was actually the biggest reason I went out to take pictures that particular day, but of course I have made the effect a little bit more visible than the completely original photo by deepening the colours :)

I had no idea that you were tweaking these photos after you take them...further demonstrating to me your ability to see things and make them more beautiful. You are a true artist and I feel lucky to be able to partake in what you have to offer. The flowers are an increibly aspect, but I don't think they would have had the impact if you hadn't been able to truly bring them to the forefront. Bravo.

For sure keep this one in your top 5!! LOL
Its very good..!! Thanks for sharing this amazing work!

If you dont mind answer.. What kind of camera do you have? Or which model?
Not that makes any difference.. no question the talent its all yours. lol
But I'm just curious about it.

For sure keep this one in your top 5!! LOL
Its very good..!! Thanks for sharing this amazing work!

If you dont mind answer.. What kind of camera do you have? Or which model?
Not that makes any difference.. no question the talent its all yours. lol
But I'm just curious about it.
I use a Canon EOS 60D with an 18-135 mm EF-S Canon lens :)

This photo is alive and artistic! It is just easy and natural to enter into the picture and imagine the lives that are presented. The flowers are a master effect, the way you captured nature. It is really nice. Keep up the good work. Are you able to say if you sell your work?

This photo is alive and artistic! It is just easy and natural to enter into the picture and imagine the lives that are presented. The flowers are a master effect, the way you captured nature. It is really nice. Keep up the good work. Are you able to say if you sell your work?
I would really like to sell my work, but I don't know how and/or where :confused:

I know a guy online that I chat with who is an artist; a good artist and he has sold some work at artfire. You could also start a website that features your pictures. Even if it is just simple with one page that you rotate your pictures on. Then you just list your site on ebay and people are always looking for all things there. These are just some suggestions. This photo you have shared is a real classic and people would want a print and not even mind if others have it too. Just put your photo (s) on the website with a paypal buy now button and send out prints.

I use a Canon EOS 60D with an 18-135 mm EF-S Canon lens :)

Thanks! I planing on getting a camera. But I' still unsure of what would be the best choice.
I just want to get a camera good enough for beginners.. but also.. that gives me the possibility to move on professionally .

Any suggestions?

Wow, this is a well shot photograph. I think there is a nice balance of contrast here and the composition is great. I think the leaves are eye-catching since there is so much visible detail there. There is also a very dominant focal point here too, directing your eye down the middle of the photograph. It's created by the divided colors of the tree trunks, the fence, the leaves and the people in perspective. Nicely done.

I love this photograph. I love the colors. You were able to capture a really vibrant afternoon. Thanks for sharing. :)

Back