- Think of a few words that have other smaller words inside them and put it on display. e.g.
skate, ska, at, ate, board it is up to you if you wish to allow names i.e. Kate
- See who can find the hidden word(s), give a short time limit (seconds) so the student must focus, looking carefully at the word you have on display.
- Here's a few words that work, please add your own words in the discussions for this resource:
Traitor, Trying, Enjoyable, catfish, whisper, because, mother, father
- Put a long word on display. e.g. antidisestablishmentarianism
- Provide a set time for the student(s) to find as many words as possible from the letters, this can be used for a varied length of time.
- A few more alternative words: floccinaucinihilipilification - (the estimation of something as worthless), pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis - (a supposed lung disease)
otorhinolaryngological - immunoelectrophoretically - psychophysicotherapeutics - thyroparathyroidectomized - pneumoencephalographically -radioimmunoelectrophoresis - psychoneuroendocrinological - hepaticocholangiogastrostomy - spectrophotofluorometrically - pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism
Words in Words (Spelling)
A fun visual spelling game to search for words within words, where you can choose to do visual word recognition or allow unjoined letter use (anagrams). Great for selecting a large word and letting students work independently or for the competitive, you can have teams work to get the most words or create a timed challenge for teams or individuals.