Some other palindromes:
- Ask the learner to search or think of reversible words or palindromes. For example:
Not = toN (reversible word)
noon = noon (palindrome)
god = dog (reversible word)
pat = tap (reversible word)
rat = tar (reversible word)
strap = parts (reversible word)
- If needed you can get the learner to list as many words as they can (4 or less letters are easiest).
- Then look for reversible words and/or palindromes.
- Challenge: Set a time limit e.g. 2 minutes.
- Can you find or think of any names that are reversible or palindromes, e.g. Hannah, Bob.
eve, level, radar.
Share the palindromes & reversible words you find in the discussion.Dictionary, reading books, pen/pencil, paper or mini whiteboard.
Palindromes Game - Reversable words (Spelling)
In this activity you can use existing literature and/or a dictionary to encourage the learner to explore spelling by searching for reversible words and/or palindromes.