Welcome to a world of thousands of fab resources! We know what it is like to be new and we want to make sure you feel right at home, whether you're new to EdChat or a veteran of our community. We've thrown together a few short steps to help you get properly introduced to the site and start to join in the fun!
Watch our Tutorial Video or Read On
1) Join the communityNow we're acquainted, why not join others in the community? There are so many ways to stay in contact...
- Sign up or Log in to join the discussions!
- Verify your account
- Say hi on Facebook. Pop over to EdChat's facebook page, like us and stay updated!
- Prefer to tweet? No problems, follow @edchatnet.
- Bookmark us!
2) Browse our teaching ideas or educational resourcesWe've made the site as easy to navigate as possible, but with thousands of resources it is nice to have some handy tips!
- Use Search, this is the quickest way of finding the activities or resources you're looking for.
- Take a look at our gallery - this is great for creative arts.
- If you're in the mood for browsing, find ideas or resources by using the relevant menu at the top of every page.
3) Taking partWe think that this is by far the most important part - we absolutely rely on the support of our wonderful community and wouldn't exist without it. There are many ways you can help:-
- Create and upload your own outstanding resources and earn money by selling them on EdChat!
Submit a Teaching Idea | Upload a Resource
Read more below.
- Show your support, join us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Let us know what you want, we don't have all the ideas! Tell us what you're looking for and we'll see if we can make it for you, super quick!
- Tell your friends and colleagues about us... we're here to save their time too!
- Don't be shy! We absolutely love to hear from our community, it helps drive our work. Email us to say hi, talk about resources - or anything else! We'd love to hear from you. Contact Us
- User Guide - All members should read this guide for help getting started with EdChat
- Video Guide - We know you're busy and don't want to read loads to get started, so we made a 5 minute video to show you how to make the most of EdChat.
- How to Upload Resources - If you're thinking of creating and sharing resources on EdChat, this video will show you how
- BB (Forum) Code - New to forums? We're glad you picked EdChat, this guide will teach you all the tricks to make the most beautiful posts ever!
- Smilies - The smilies you can use in the community . Turn your :) into
- Moderator Guide (Staff) - Guide for moderators of our community. Interested in moderating? Let us know.
Selling: On EdChat.net, you can sell original curricular materials such as lesson plans, unit plans, examinations, teaching guides, worksheets, etc. You simply upload your original files to our catalog, in one of our many supported filetypes (see FAQ below), and then set your own prices. We take care of the sales transactions and deliver instant downloads to buyers. It's very easy! The money you make from sales is credited immediately to your EdChat Wallet, which can be withdrawn at anytime.
Buying*: Anyone can buy resources on EdChat by depositing the funds they wish to spend into their EdChat wallet, we use PayPal to process deposits so your account can be credited immediately. You can use PayPal, bank transfer, credit or debit card and do not need a PayPal account to deposit funds to your EdChat wallet. Our refund policy is explained below.
Sell Resource or Deposit Funds
*If you would like to deposit using cheque, giro, or bank transfer, Contact Us.
Listing products on EdChat is 100% free, we run by charging a small 10% fee to sellers each time a product is sold, we're made by educators for educators so there's no additional transaction fee. This means resource creators keep a whopping 90% of their sales. Making EdChat the best place to sell your educational and teaching resources in the world.
Setting up Your Store
Your catalog will exist at the url "EdChat.net/members/username.#/#resources". You will be able to create a profile, upload a picture of yourself or an individualized logo. At any time, you can edit your listings, alter the titles and descriptions, change your prices and swap in revised versions of your products.
Withdrawals - How We Pay You
We payout all earnings upon request via cheque, you will need to ensure your payee name and address is supplied in the note section, if it is not it may delay your payment. Sellers can keep track of their sales in real time from their EdChat Wallet Transactions.
Check Transactions or Withdraw Funds
Withdrawal times: Average payout time. 2 weeks
Minimum Withdrawal Threshold: £10.00
Withdrawal Processing Fee: 10% + 20p per withdrawal.
Press the £ symbol to access your wallet
Ideas are on demand lesson plans and activities that can be used in a classroom and accessed with speed and ease.
How do I open files if I don't have the relevant software?
Some of the uploaded files will have been created for specific applications and interactive whiteboards. There are some viewers available, or alternatively there are limited trial versions that you can install.
- AU - AUs are audio files which can be opened in most Windows and Mac audio software including Apple QuickTime and Windows Media Player.
- DOCX, XLSX and PPTX - Microsoft has some online file convertors and viewers which allow you to open files created by different versions of Office. These files can also be opened in iWork, OpenOffice and Google Docs.
- ET - These files can be read on Easiteach Reader.
- FLP - Promethean. Flipchart viewers are available for Windows and Mac.
- NOTEBOOK, XBK - These files are created by SMART Notebook software. The SMART Notebook Interactive viewer is available for download on an open licence, allowing you to exchange Notebook files with any of your colleagues.
- PUB - These files can only be opened in Microsoft Publisher for Windows. No viewers are available but a 60 day free trial version of the software will enable you to open these files.
- RA - These are Real Audio files. A free download of RealPlayer is available.
- YAR - These files are unique to Hitachi's Starboard Interactive whiteboard. There is a free viewer for Windows available.
- SIB - These are Sibelius files. You can download Sibelius here
- ODT, ODP, ODS and ODG - OpenOffice Files see: Wikipedia or Download OpenOffice
- ZIP - A ZIP file is a compressed folder containing multiple files. It's an easy way for a seller to transfer many or big files to you. Windows Vista, 7 & 8 have a pre-installed unzip feature that enables users to simply click on the zip file to view content without having to unzip. If the original ZIP file is created by a MAC user, then an additional .ds file is embedded within the ZIP file. (There are online ZIP file opening websites that you can utilize such as: http://unzip-online.com/zip)
Yes you can. Go to the resources, click Your Resources, click on the resource you wish to change or edit, click post resource update button and make your changes. You can change your resource as often as you need. You can easily find your resources by visiting your profile and selecting the resources tab.
What type of files can I upload?
You can share any of the following files:
Yes, so our resource developers can deliver you multiple items though one download we allow .zip files. These are all checked by EdChat and stored securely on our servers.
What is the maximum size of a file that I can upload?
The maximum file size is 200Mb. Although the larger the file the longer it will take to upload and download.
What is your refund policy?
Our policy is to refund if a product file has legitimate technical issues, or if a product description is misleading.
We also refund for accidental duplicate purchases.
Once in a while, a seller accidentally uploads the wrong file to their product form. In these cases, all you need to do is contact us, (or click report a problem at the bottom of any page) and we will have the seller upload the correct file. If the problem isn’t resolved in a timely manner we will cancel and refund the order.